Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Can not surf the Internet. HELP !!!

Can not surf the Internet. HELP !!!

sharon

I have a very disturbing Internet problem; I can not surf to any web site
on the web.

I have a 1.5 GB ADSL that works fine. The MSN Messenger is working OK, my
Emule is working fine, ping to the web site returns ok.
But when I try to connect to a web site (like www.msn.com etc.), the
Internet browser page hung for ever trying to open the page.

I tried to fix it using my service provider support, and we did the
following:
(1) Tried to connect directly the ADSL provider web site using my service
provider user name - Still can't surf !
(2) The support engineer used my user name and password to access the web
sites from his computer - succeed !
(3) Disabled my Norton Antivirus and Sygate firewall - Still can't surf !
(4) Set the msconfig general tab to selective startup without loading
startup items and rebooting the PC - Still can't surf !
(5) Did a Winsock restore - Still can't surf !

Can anybody tell what can I do to resolve this problem ?

--------
Thanks
Sharon

Antoninus Twink

On 2 Dec 2009 at 21:16, sharon wrote:
> I have a 1.5 GB ADSL that works fine. The MSN Messenger is working OK,
> my Emule is working fine, ping to the web site returns ok. But when I
> try to connect to a web site (like www.msn.com etc.), the Internet
> browser page hung for ever trying to open the page.

Well, obviously the problem is with your browser, not your internet
connection!

What browser are you using? Have you checked that the proxy settings are
correct (probably in a "network options" or "connection options" tab in
the preferences)? Have you tried using a different browser?

jason.sun0

On Dec 2, 3:16*pm, sharon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have a very disturbing Internet problem; I can not surf to any web site
> on the web.
>
> I have a 1.5 GB ADSL that works fine. The MSN Messenger is working OK, my
> Emule is working fine, ping to the web site returns ok.
> But when I try to connect to a web site (likewww.msn.cometc.), the
> Internet browser page hung for ever trying to open the page.
>
> I tried to fix it using my service provider support, and we did the
> following:
> (1) Tried to connect directly the ADSL provider web site using my service
> provider user name - Still can't surf !
> (2) The support engineer used my user name and password to access the web
> sites from his computer - succeed !
> (3) Disabled my Norton Antivirus and Sygate firewall - Still can't surf !
> (4) Set the msconfig general tab to selective startup without loading
> startup items and rebooting the PC - Still can't surf !
> (5) Did a Winsock restore - Still can't surf !
>
> Can anybody tell what can I do to resolve this problem ?
>
> --------
> Thanks
> Sharon

Can I ask how much do you pay for you internet? thanks

Nick Keighley

On 2 Dec 2009, 21:16, sharon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have a very disturbing Internet problem; I can not surf to any web site
> on the web.

this is off-topic to comp.lang.c
can your service provider give any help?

Oliver Jackson

On Jan 19, 7:52*am, Nick Keighley <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On 2 Dec 2009, 21:16, sharon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I have a very disturbing Internet problem; I can not surf to any web site
> > on the web.

> this is off-topic to comp.lang.c
> can your service provider give any help?

Dude... are you for realz?