Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Event Viewer Errors in Windows 7 64bit

Event Viewer Errors in Windows 7 64bit

Tom

Hey All,

I just recently finished building my own gaming rig and I keep noticing the
event in Event Viewer/Custom Views/Administrative Events and see a litany of
this same error under Kernel event tracing.:

SessionName Circular Kernel Context Logger
FileName
ErrorCode 3221225525

"Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" failed to start with the following
error: 0xC0000035

I have searched the net and found no resolution. I don't think this is
serious, but but I would like to resolve this if possible if anyone here can
give some help.

Thanks

Bobby Johnson

Take a look at the information on the TechNet Win 7 Forum:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...-4fa35af2575b/

In that thread it was the NIC driver causing the error.

Tom wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I just recently finished building my own gaming rig and I keep noticing
> the event in Event Viewer/Custom Views/Administrative Events and see a
> litany of this same error under Kernel event tracing.:
>
> SessionName Circular Kernel Context Logger
> FileName
> ErrorCode 3221225525
>

> "Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" failed to start with the
> following error: 0xC0000035
>
> I have searched the net and found no resolution. I don't think this is
> serious, but but I would like to resolve this if possible if anyone here
> can give some help.
>
> Thanks

Tom

Yes, I saw that during my searches yesterday afternoon, problem is, I don't
have IPv6 listed in my NIC card properties to disable it, using the device
manager. I just downloaded (released yesterday) and installed the latest
driver for my NIC and I'll see what happens. The OP in that replies (after I
read his/her first post) he/she downloaded the latest from the NIC maker and
all is good, though no mention of him/her having to change any IP
variables.. I'll see what happens during the next 24 hours and post back.

Thanks for the reply.

"Bobby Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Take a look at the information on the TechNet Win 7 Forum:
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...-4fa35af2575b/
>
> In that thread it was the NIC driver causing the error.
>

> Tom wrote:
>> Hey All,
>>
>> I just recently finished building my own gaming rig and I keep noticing
>> the event in Event Viewer/Custom Views/Administrative Events and see a
>> litany of this same error under Kernel event tracing.:
>>
>> SessionName Circular Kernel Context Logger
>> FileName
>> ErrorCode 3221225525
>>

>> "Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" failed to start with the
>> following error: 0xC0000035
>>
>> I have searched the net and found no resolution. I don't think this is
>> serious, but but I would like to resolve this if possible if anyone here
>> can give some help.
>>
>> Thanks

Carlos

Tom,
It seems to be generated by the OS itself.
The "circular kernel context logger" was originally introduced with Windows
Vista and you may find some explanations here:
http://geekswithblogs.net/sdorman/ar.../18/82251.aspx
under "Other Reliability Features"
That is as far as I can get.

Carlos

"Tom" wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> I just recently finished building my own gaming rig and I keep noticing the
> event in Event Viewer/Custom Views/Administrative Events and see a litany of
> this same error under Kernel event tracing.:
>
> SessionName Circular Kernel Context Logger
> FileName
> ErrorCode 3221225525
>

> "Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" failed to start with the following
> error: 0xC0000035
>
> I have searched the net and found no resolution. I don't think this is
> serious, but but I would like to resolve this if possible if anyone here can
> give some help.
>
> Thanks
>
> .

Tom

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey All,
>
> I just recently finished building my own gaming rig and I keep noticing
> the event in Event Viewer/Custom Views/Administrative Events and see a
> litany of this same error under Kernel event tracing.:
>
> SessionName Circular Kernel Context Logger
> FileName
> ErrorCode 3221225525
>

> "Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" failed to start with the
> following error: 0xC0000035
>
> I have searched the net and found no resolution. I don't think this is
> serious, but but I would like to resolve this if possible if anyone here
> can give some help.
>
> Thanks

Just wanted to pass along that, so far, the fix that Bobby Johnson gave as a
link here, seems to have solved the problem. It seems that it was my NIC and
after updating it and waiting at least a day, I see no more errors listed
other than the last one I noted yesterday.

Thanks for all of the help.

Tom

Tom

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hey All,
>>
>> I just recently finished building my own gaming rig and I keep noticing
>> the event in Event Viewer/Custom Views/Administrative Events and see a
>> litany of this same error under Kernel event tracing.:
>>
>> SessionName Circular Kernel Context Logger
>> FileName
>> ErrorCode 3221225525
>>

>> "Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" failed to start with the
>> following error: 0xC0000035
>>
>> I have searched the net and found no resolution. I don't think this is
>> serious, but but I would like to resolve this if possible if anyone here
>> can give some help.
>>
>> Thanks

> Just wanted to pass along that, so far, the fix that Bobby Johnson gave as
> a link here, seems to have solved the problem. It seems that it was my NIC
> and after updating it and waiting at least a day, I see no more errors
> listed other than the last one I noted yesterday.
>
> Thanks for all of the help.
>
> Tom

OK, false alarm on the remedy, it seems these errors came right back. They
are not causing any issues it seems, but since this is a new OS, they just
may need to be sorted out. If anyone finds anything, please post back, and I
will do the same.

Tom

techcafe

for no apparent reason, the same error event is now appearing on my system as
well, "Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" failed to start with the
following error: 0xC0000035"

and it has nothing to do with the NIC. any other ideas? i've noticed that,
compared to WinXP, Vista and Win7 generate LOTS of 'nuisance events', which
constantly pollute the event logs, it's a serious design flaw, imo. my
administrative event log is constantly full of error events, despite the fact
i did a clean install of Win7 x64. Windows just keeps getting worse.