Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > How do I recover a Deleted Partition?

How do I recover a Deleted Partition?

cricket7132 cricket7132 is offline
Junior Member

I accidentally deleted a partition I was using mainly for storage. It doesn't have an os installed on it. It is possibly an extended dynamic disk. I recently bought a startech dock and have it in that to read and write. I am using windows xp pro service pack 3...

All I need to do is to Identify the partition and restore it (somehow)..

Dipankar Dipankar is offline
Junior Member

If you have backed up the contents of the partition then it is possible to get the items back. After all you need the items that partition was holding and not the partition. A partition can be created any time but you need to have the contents which could be lost due to its deletion. If you have a back up with Paragon Hard Disk Manager or say Power Quest Drive Image then it is possible to get them back. Even a back up with Norton Ghost would have given you results. I do not think a deleted partition can be revived with its original contents!

MarkSatterfield MarkSatterfield is offline
Member
Location: Central Florida

You may be in luck... but it will be some work. Here's the Microsoft article on the subject:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/245725

Most appropriate approach, though, is to use a backup -- if one is available.

Best,
--Mark

http://www.marksatterfield.com

Last edited by MarkSatterfield; 01-31-2010 at 05:06 PM..