Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Need advice: Panasonic FZ35 vs Canon SX20

Need advice: Panasonic FZ35 vs Canon SX20

Wolfgang Weisselberg

Scott W <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Dec 10, 9:58*pm, Wolfgang Weisselberg <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Chris Malcolm <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> > If the minimum flash power which will trigger the studio flashes is
>> > bright enough to have any noticeable effect on a subject lit by the
>> > minimum power of the studio flashes I'd demand my money back on the
>> > grounds that such excessively feeble flashes with such insensitive
>> > triggers were not fit for their advertised purpose!

>> Try it with a reflective surface or shooting straight into a mirror.

> So you are saying

I am giving an example where studio flashes on their minimum
power will not drown out all effects of the minimum flash needed
to trigger them. That's all there is to it.

> I am wondering how
> often someone would want a hand held photo of themselves holding their
> camera?

Where does 'handheld' and 'of themselves' come into play?
Never heard of tripods and self-timers?

Maybe you should try to photograph glossy coated porcellan
figurines ... with on-camera flash under the conditions given
above.

-Wolfgang

John Turco

-hh wrote:

> Bob Larter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > -hh wrote:
> > >
> > > FWIW, an *invisible* P&S camera would solve the light-shadowing
> > > problem I mentioned. Which part of the CHDK hack is that?

> > *snicker*

> Actually, I was reminded of it because a college buddy of my brother
> went to work for Kodak and his project involved some work on their
> competitor to Polaroid Instamatic ... he had a Kodak prototype that
> used all-translucent plastics. It was fun to watch it work the
> transport mechanism, etc....but it took lousy pictures.
>
> -hh

Correction: "Instamatic" was never used by Polaroid. Rather, it was
Kodak's name for its 126 and 110 cameras, which took ordinary film
cartridges (not "instant" ones).

--
Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>