Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Bored.

Bored.

Floris Bruynooghe

On Nov 30, 11:52*pm, Stef Mientki <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Well I thought that after 2 years you would know every detail of a
> language

Ouch, I must be especially stupid then!

Floris

Necronymouse

Thanks for reaction, I will prohably choose some project as you
said...

Stef Mientki

Floris Bruynooghe wrote:
> On Nov 30, 11:52 pm, Stef Mientki <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Well I thought that after 2 years you would know every detail of a
>> language
>>

> Ouch, I must be especially stupid then!

Sorry if I insulted you Floris!
btw, I'm too still learning Python after I started 2 years ago.

cheers,
Stef
> Floris

r0g

Necronymouse wrote:
> Thanks for reaction, I will prohably choose some project as you
> said...

If you want to dip your toe in waters of open source contribution it
looks like Gitso could use a little help pushing out their 0.6 release
(which I just happen to quite want but don't have time to get involved
in right now

Roger.

Anssi Saari

Necronymouse <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Hello, I am learning python for about 2 years and I am bored. Not with
> python but I have a little problem, when i want to write something I
> realise that somebody had alredy written it! So i donīt want to make a
> copy of something but i wanna get better in python skills. Donīt you
> know what I should do?

If I may propose something, I'm pretty annoyed that it's so hard to
get contact and calendar data out of my Nokia phone. However, there's
Python available for Symbian phones and the implementation is supposed
to have access to that data on the phone... So a calendar and contacts
sync tool would be a nice thing.

Ognjen Bezanov

Anssi Saari wrote:
> Necronymouse <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> Hello, I am learning python for about 2 years and I am bored. Not with
>> python but I have a little problem, when i want to write something I
>> realise that somebody had alredy written it! So i donÂīt want to make a
>> copy of something but i wanna get better in python skills. DonÂīt you
>> know what I should do?

> If I may propose something, I'm pretty annoyed that it's so hard to
> get contact and calendar data out of my Nokia phone. However, there's
> Python available for Symbian phones and the implementation is supposed
> to have access to that data on the phone... So a calendar and contacts
> sync tool would be a nice thing.

Also take into account, a lot of open source projects out there would
not mind help! I host two (public) open source projects, and would love
to have more development help from people interested in them!

Find a project which you would find interesting, then ask them if you
can join. You would not get to do something from scratch, but you would
be able to help further develop the project, perhaps even extend it in
some way you want to.