Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Other mfgs to ape Panasonic/Olympus

Other mfgs to ape Panasonic/Olympus

RichA

We've heard the Nikon and Fuji rumours, now Canon.

http://www.photographybay.com/2009/1...a-coming-soon/

dj_nme

Bowser wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 13:27:58 -0800 (PST), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> We've heard the Nikon and Fuji rumours, now Canon.
>>
>> http://www.photographybay.com/2009/1...a-coming-soon/

> Hmmm....
>
> What lens mount? What sensor? No way Canon would go 4/3, so a scaled
> down rebel without the mirror box? With Canon's lame contrast-detect
> focusing?
>
> Nah.

I don't quite see why Canon would ditch their EOS mount either.
Most of their "Rebel" line of DSLR cameras are barely bigger than most
of the 4/3 DSLR cameras from Olympus, Panasonic and Leica.
Perhaps they (Canon) might produce an EVIL EOS camera rock-bottom priced
entry-level to the EOS system, but their current entry level DSLR camera
is cheaper than all of the current EVIL mu4/3 cameras from Olympus and
Panasonic.

Some camera manufacturers which have nothing (or little) to lose are
Ricoh and Samsung, but they've already shown their hand with the GXR
system and the Nx system (respectively).