Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > <ul> width problem

<ul> width problem

richard

http://www.1littleworld.net/code/z1.php

How can I get the yellow highlight part to show the remaining width of the
line rather than just where there is text?
As well as getting the wrapped text to display only to the right of the
button, not under it.

richard

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 12:03:34 -0700, richard wrote:

> http://www.1littleworld.net/code/z1.php
>
> How can I get the yellow highlight part to show the remaining width of the
> line rather than just where there is text?
> As well as getting the wrapped text to display only to the right of the
> button, not under it.

With the latest version up, firefox 3.5 totally screws up the display.
Opera 9.6 is a little better but shows some <li> overlapping.
IE 7 gets it right.
I'm considering using tables as the browsers seem to know how to handle
them.

dorayme

In article <hlwt1ta32e82$.jvt4xyuiwhc1$(E-Mail Removed)>,
richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> http://www.1littleworld.net/code/z1.php
>
> How can I get the yellow highlight part to show the remaining width of the
> line rather than just where there is text?
> As well as getting the wrapped text to display only to the right of the
> button, not under it.

<http://dorayme.890m.com/justPics/richards.png>

What quite is the question in the light of what actually happens?

--
dorayme

dorayme

In article <d10l8tix52sz$.1ageidu1kpan$(E-Mail Removed)>,
richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 12:03:34 -0700, richard wrote:
>
> > http://www.1littleworld.net/code/z1.php
> >
> > How can I get the yellow highlight part to show the remaining width of the
> > line rather than just where there is text?
> > As well as getting the wrapped text to display only to the right of the
> > button, not under it.

> With the latest version up, firefox 3.5 totally screws up the display.
> Opera 9.6 is a little better but shows some <li> overlapping.
> IE 7 gets it right.
> I'm considering using tables as the browsers seem to know how to handle
> them.

I think you better do this.

--
dorayme

Terence

On Dec 1, 6:03*am, richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> http://www.1littleworld.net/code/z1.php
>
> How can I get the yellow highlight part to show the remaining width of the
> line rather than just where there is text?
> As well as getting the wrapped text to display only to the right of the
> button, not under it.

I'm using Opera 9.63 and don't see any problem with your indicated
page.
Since this format is used throughout market research forms, I'm
surprised I haven't heard of any such problems.
Maybe there is another way to code it.