Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > alternative to 'window.parent.frames'

alternative to 'window.parent.frames'

SpamProof

I have a frameset that breaks my page into 3 sections. Top, middle &
bottom.

My navigation is in the middle part. I use the following code to
change my top & bottom page when a user clicks a link. Problem is, if
they ever hit the back button, the previous top page shows and only if
the hit the previous button again, the previous bottom page shows. The
code I'm using is below:

function redirectToForum ()
{
window.parent.frames("TopFrame").location="../pages/top/topForum.aspx";
window.parent.frames("MainFrame").location="../pages/bottom/bottomForum.aspx";
}

<A onclick="redirectToForum();" style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE:
medium">forum</A>

The most IMPORTANT thing this code accomplishes is that my navigation
page (in the middle) is NOT refreshed after I click a link. Otherwise
I would have used controls. Is there a better way to keep my 3 parts
of the page with the navigation in the middle and be able to change
both top & bottom page without getting that previous page problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

7078895

/ra

Cor

Hi SpamProom

Can you tell us what is VB.net language related in this so that we maybe can
give you an answer?

Cor
> I have a frameset that breaks my page into 3 sections. Top, middle &
> bottom.
>
> My navigation is in the middle part. I use the following code to
> change my top & bottom page when a user clicks a link. Problem is, if
> they ever hit the back button, the previous top page shows and only if
> the hit the previous button again, the previous bottom page shows. The
> code I'm using is below:
>

> function redirectToForum ()
> {
> window.parent.frames("TopFrame").location="../pages/top/topForum.aspx";

window.parent.frames("MainFrame").location="../pages/bottom/bottomForum.aspx
";