Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > creating testbench template

creating testbench template

Volker

hello,

I'm looking for template for creating a vhdl testbench. On
www.vhdl-online.de there was a testbench generator, but this application is
down
I want to create a testbench-template according to my entity. Not creating
the real testbench only the formal template. I know the altera quartus
testbench template or the xilinx version. But I want to do the template
creating by my own to addapt for my coding syle.
Has anybody a skrip (like tcl or similar) to do the template according the
vhdl entity?

thanl for help
volker

Vince

Volker a écrit:
> hello,
>
> I'm looking for template for creating a vhdl testbench. On
> www.vhdl-online.de there was a testbench generator, but this application is
> down
> I want to create a testbench-template according to my entity. Not creating
> the real testbench only the formal template. I know the altera quartus
> testbench template or the xilinx version. But I want to do the template
> creating by my own to addapt for my coding syle.
> Has anybody a skrip (like tcl or similar) to do the template according the
> vhdl entity?

You can edit your VHDL with XEmacs (and the vhdl-mode). In XEmacs there is a
copy/paste feature that allows you to copy an entity (or a component
declaration) to another entity, to a component declaration, to a component
instantiation, to a signal list and to a testbench.

--
Vince

Mike Treseler

Vince wrote:

> You can edit your VHDL with XEmacs (and the vhdl-mode). In XEmacs there is a
> copy/paste feature that allows you to copy an entity (or a component
> declaration) to another entity, to a component declaration, to a component
> instantiation, to a signal list and to a testbench.

vhdl-mode does this very well for emacs or xemacs.
It also supports templates to fill in the generic blanks.
Easiest way to try this is on a recent linux distribution.
Most have the latest vhdl-mode ready to go.

-- Mike Treseler