Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 Memory

Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 Memory

Ian Ian is offline
Administrator
Ian's Avatar

Think Computers review the Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 i7/i5 Optimized 4GB Dual Channel Memory Kit, ideal for LGA 1156 CPUs:

Quote:
It obviously wasn’t an insurmountable problem, as we saw DDR3-2000 triple channel kits not long after the release of the LGA 1366 i7, and I found that not only did they do DDR3-2000 at that voltage, they were all able to be overclocked beyond that. Now that the LGA 1156 has been released, we need dual channel kits utilizing that same low voltage requirement. That obviously was no problem, the memory was already there, they just needed packaging that held only two modules rather than three. Today I will be looking at one of Corsair’s low voltage dual channel kits, the Corsair Dominator DDR3 -1600 i7/i5 4GB Dual Channel kit. It is XMP enabled, sports Corsair’s Dominator cooling fins, and timed at 8-8-8-24. Of course its Vdimm is 1.65v. Will the Dominator dominate? Read on to see!
Read the review here.