Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Windows equivalent of scandir( )

Windows equivalent of scandir( )

lancer6238@yahoo.com

Hi all,

I'm trying to convert some code designed to work on Linux to now work
on Windows. Part of the code uses scandir( ) to store the file names
in an array. Is there a Windows equivalent of this function?

Thank you.

Regards,
Rayne

Nick Keighley

On 30 Nov, 06:25, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm trying to convert some code designed to work on Linux to now work
> on Windows. Part of the code uses scandir( ) to store the file names
> in an array. Is there a Windows equivalent of this function?

you should really try a windows group, but try FindFirstFile() etc.

techgeeknet techgeeknet is offline
Junior Member

With _findnext() windows native call we can implement scandir, (refcode .net /2013/02/posix-directory-browsing-for-windows_14.html) here there is wrapper which does exactly this, may be helpful.