Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Re: Wireless Router Question:

Re: Wireless Router Question:

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Hi
While in theory it is possible that only the Switch part of the Router is
damaged, it is unlikely.
Since the Wireless works the Router's Routing is OK too the Router is
configured correctly.
There is No point to keep running the configuration software, it will make
thing worse.
Try to configure the Desktop Networking setting Manually.
This XP page explains the principles of debugging Network connection,
http://www.ezlan.net/debug.html
This relates more specifically to Vista,
http://www.home-network-help.com/configuring-ip.html
Use the "IP Assigned by DHCP server" configuration.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

news:her9cl$j4m$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...