Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Command Line Eraser?

Command Line Eraser?

haroldB@wherever.you.want.me.to.be

I have a few "eraser" programs which erase much of Windows tracks, but
not all of the various index.dat files. I do know how to delete them
with a command line batch file, but I want to be able to overwrite
them as eraser type programs do to other files in Windows. I don't
want their contents still somewhere still on my drives.

Does anyone know of an eraser program which can be used from XP Pro's
command line?

David H. Lipman

From: <(E-Mail Removed)>

| I have a few "eraser" programs which erase much of Windows tracks, but
| not all of the various index.dat files. I do know how to delete them
| with a command line batch file, but I want to be able to overwrite
| them as eraser type programs do to other files in Windows. I don't
| want their contents still somewhere still on my drives.

| Does anyone know of an eraser program which can be used from XP Pro's
| command line?

There is no need to delete them !

--
Dave