Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Change "Access is Denied" default page in web application

Change "Access is Denied" default page in web application

Curt_C [MVP]

you can specify the page that each error goes to in the IIS manager.

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

"Ueslei R. Valentini" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi!
> I'm using Windows Authentication in my application, restricting

permissions
> with authorization for specific users. But when someone try to access and
> don't have permissions, the default page "Access is Denied" appears...
>
> Can I figure out this and show my own page?
>
> HSH
> Ueslei

Ueslei R. Valentini

Hi!
I'm using Windows Authentication in my application, restricting permissions
with authorization for specific users. But when someone try to access and
don't have permissions, the default page "Access is Denied" appears...

Can I figure out this and show my own page?

HSH
Ueslei

Curt_C [MVP]

is that the error number?
Also, make sure to stop/restart IIS

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software
www.Darkfalz.com

"Ueslei R. Valentini" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In IIS I changed the 401.2 error page, but It still showing the same error
> message...
>
> What exactly I need change?
>
> HSH
> Ueslei

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > you can specify the page that each error goes to in the IIS manager.
> >

> > --
> > Curt Christianson
> > Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software
> > www.Darkfalz.com
> >

> > "Ueslei R. Valentini" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi!
> > > I'm using Windows Authentication in my application, restricting

> > permissions
> > > with authorization for specific users. But when someone try to access

> and
> > > don't have permissions, the default page "Access is Denied" appears...
> > >
> > > Can I figure out this and show my own page?
> > >
> > > HSH
> > > Ueslei

Ueslei R. Valentini

In IIS I changed the 401.2 error page, but It still showing the same error
message...

What exactly I need change?

HSH
Ueslei

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> you can specify the page that each error goes to in the IIS manager.
>

> --
> Curt Christianson
> Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software
> www.Darkfalz.com
>

> "Ueslei R. Valentini" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi!
> > I'm using Windows Authentication in my application, restricting

> permissions
> > with authorization for specific users. But when someone try to access

and
> > don't have permissions, the default page "Access is Denied" appears...
> >
> > Can I figure out this and show my own page?
> >
> > HSH
> > Ueslei

Murat Tunaboylu

"Ueslei R. Valentini" <(E-Mail Removed)>, haber iletisinde şunları
yazdı:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi!
> I'm using Windows Authentication in my application, restricting

permissions
> with authorization for specific users. But when someone try to access and
> don't have permissions, the default page "Access is Denied" appears...
>
> Can I figure out this and show my own page?
>
> HSH
> Ueslei

sorry for polluting if u know all these but
may be this will work
in web.config file make these changes if u don't
<customErrors mode="on">
'maybe your mode is "RemoteOnly" or "off"
'if it is "RemoteOnly" then it is just returns the default error page to
local
<error redirect="url" statusCode="code">
</customErrors>

good luck