Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Cannot debug ASP.NET apps

Cannot debug ASP.NET apps

Scott Adams

Does anyone know of some good resources to use when troubleshooting why one
cannot debug ASP.NET apps? I am using Win2K pro SP4 (IIS 5) on a brand new
machine and I cannot debug even the most simple ASP.NET app on my localhost.
I have read through all kinds of MS KB articles on this issue and checked
out a document on gotdotnet.com titled "howtosolvedebuggerproblems.doc" to
no avail. My exact error message when I try to debug is:
"Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
server. Access is denied. Would you like to disable future attempts to debug
ASP.NET pages for this project?"
I have verified that the proper user accounts are part of the Debuggers user
group. I should also mention that I did change my computer name not too long
ago and I am almost positive that this has affected VS.NET, but I cannot put
my finger on anything specific. I appreciate any helpful comments you can
offer. Thanks in advance.

Scott Adams
~~ not the Dilbert guy ~~
~~ not the creator of the Adventure series ~~

Alvin Bruney

have a look at this walk thru. it's a good resource
http://tinyurl.com/32lfv

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney
"Scott Adams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know of some good resources to use when troubleshooting why

one
> cannot debug ASP.NET apps? I am using Win2K pro SP4 (IIS 5) on a brand new
> machine and I cannot debug even the most simple ASP.NET app on my

localhost.
> I have read through all kinds of MS KB articles on this issue and checked
> out a document on gotdotnet.com titled "howtosolvedebuggerproblems.doc" to
> no avail. My exact error message when I try to debug is:
> "Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
> server. Access is denied. Would you like to disable future attempts to

debug
> ASP.NET pages for this project?"
> I have verified that the proper user accounts are part of the Debuggers

user
> group. I should also mention that I did change my computer name not too

long
> ago and I am almost positive that this has affected VS.NET, but I cannot

put
> my finger on anything specific. I appreciate any helpful comments you can
> offer. Thanks in advance.
>
> Scott Adams
> ~~ not the Dilbert guy ~~
> ~~ not the creator of the Adventure series ~~

Scott Adams

Does anyone else know of any other resources? I have reviewed this
walkthrough before and it was not successful in resolving my issue. I really
would appreciate other resources! Thanks!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...