Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Thumbnails

Re: Thumbnails

David Segall

"Mavis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Can anybody please tell me how to do thumbnails ?

If you are making a photo album then JAlbum <http://jalbum.net> will
produce the thumbnail, an image scaled for web viewing and a link to
the original for download. If you just want one thumbnail then any
photo editor will let you resize and/or crop an image. I use an old
version of Photoshop Elements that came with my scanner but I'm sure
someone here can suggest free software that is similarly easy to use.

If you want to make thumbnails from an entire directory of images then
ImageMagick <http://www.imagemagick.org/> is a great tool. It is not
interactive so your first attempt will require a few tries to create
the .bat file you want.

nice.guy.nige

David Segall wrote:
[...]
> use an old
> version of Photoshop Elements that came with my scanner but I'm sure
> someone here can suggest free software that is similarly easy to use.

[...]

That would be The GIMP (Gnu Image Manipulation Program) at
http://www.gimp.org

Cheers,
Nige

--
Nigel Moss
http://www.nigenet.org.uk

Thumbnails or multiple pix in Thunderbird? Cheechat Firefox 1 05-02-2005 08:44 AM
thumbnails wac Firefox 0 06-28-2004 04:12 PM
OpenDialog and thumbnails Franco Gustavo ASP .Net 0 08-27-2003 03:28 AM
Generate a table of thumbnails on the fly without saving to disk Espen Evje ASP .Net 1 07-11-2003 06:52 AM
Displaying PDF Thumbnails Kenneth Keeley ASP .Net 0 07-02-2003 11:00 PM

Advertisments