Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > P&S junk. Adding a teleconverter just makes it worse

P&S junk. Adding a teleconverter just makes it worse

NameHere

On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 09:14:06 -0800 (PST), jpdenk <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> [...]
>> common Texas Cougars, Mountain Lions, Pumas, et.al. It's just a government
>> power-trippers' scam, pure and simple. Another one of the many that the
>> tax-payers are more than happy to pay for and believe. (They must think the
>> government is like cable-TV. Pay for the fictional entertainment.)
>>
>> When doing my own research of "Puma concolor"'s genetics, I found
>> absolutely zero difference between the Florida Panther and all others that
>> inhabit two full continents.
>>
>> This is not too different than the "Florida Endangered Manatee" that was
>> actually imported from the West Indies in the 60's to eat up the invasive
>> (human introduced) water-hyacinths clogging the human-created canals.
>> Another government scam perpetuated by the wealthy. The Manatee is NOT
>> native to Florida and it is NOT endangered in its native habitat. It's a
>> human introduced invasive species. Now this invasive species is wiping out
>> (eating) aquatic-plant breeding habitat for hundreds of unique native
>> Florida fish. The only reason they keep the manatee on the "endangered"
>> list and popularize it as such is because wealthy land-owners love being
>> able to put up the "Warning: Manatee Area. NO BOATING ALLOWED!" signs
>> alongside their property shorelines to keep their property values up.
>>
>> But you go ahead. Read and believe what they tell you to believe. Instead
>> of traversing continents, photographing and documenting all the blatant
>> lies and outlandish stupidity and ignorance of humanity.
>>
>> It's fun watching you fools act like, and having the intellect of,
>> mushrooms--voluntarily remaining in the dark and readily gobbling-up
>> others' bullshit.

>While you're correct about the Florida Panther now being lumped in
>with all other Panthers since someone bothered to look at their DNA,
>and there does appear to be some falsifying of data regarding the
>Florida cats, but mainly by a few biologists who sometimes tend to
>value their private projects over everything else rather than being a
>land-grab by politicians for oil. I suspect that the reason they're
>still protecting it is because the Mountain Lion has been nearly
>extirpated in the eastern US other than in Florida and is only now
>beginning to come back a little bit from around the western and
>northern edges of its range.
>
>But you're way off-base on the Florida Manatee. It's a distinct sub-
>species of the West Indian Manatee, and it's found in both Florida and
>the Greater Antilles. The first law protecting them in Florida was
>passed in 1893, and another law was passed in 1907 which fined anyone
>$500 if they were caught harming Manatees. Their fossils are present
>in Florida going back 45 million years, and their bones turn up in pre-
>Columbian Indian refuse mounds, so they've been in Florida for a very
>long time. I don't know where you got your info about them being
>introduced in the '60's, but it's flat 100% wrong.

Post your proof about the Florida Manatees. If obtained from a Wiki page
then I know you are full of ****.

Bob Larter is Lionel Lauer - Look it up.

On Sat, 05 Dec 2009 13:49:25 +1000, Bob Larter <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>DSLR-Troll Killer wrote:
>> As far as cowardice ... get this (yes it's true, whether you want to
>> believe it or not): I used to be bartender for a rough and rugged biker-bar
>> in the 70's. I still have my chromed Harley timing-chain belt that I used
>> to hang round my neck whenever things would get a little unsettled, so it'd
>> be easy to grab should the "fun" get too out of hand. I've lived off the
>> land in remote wilderness without ever going near civilization for as much
>> as three years at a time. I've hit a shark in the head with my fist when it
>> was following me too close for to[*YAWN*]

>Man, you are *so* full of ****. The fact that you think that anyone
>would believe this sort of rubbish proves that you're mentally ill.

Bob Larter's legal name: Lionel Lauer
Home news-group, an actual group in the "troll-tracker" hierarchy:
alt.kook.lionel-lauer (established on, or before, 2004)
Registered Description: "the 'owner of several troll domains' needs a group where he'll stay on topic."

<http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&num=10&as_ugroup=alt.kook.lionel-lauer>

"Results 1 - 10 of about 2,170 for group:alt.kook.lionel-lauer."

jpdenk

On Dec 8, 3:24*pm, NameHere <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> [...]

> >extirpated in the eastern US other than in Florida and is only now
> >beginning to come back a little bit from around the western and
> >northern edges of its range.

> >But you're way off-base on the Florida Manatee. It's a distinct sub-
> >species of the West Indian Manatee, and it's found in both Florida and
> >the Greater Antilles. The first law protecting them in Florida was
> >passed in 1893, and another law was passed in 1907 which fined anyone
> >$500 if they were caught harming Manatees. Their fossils are present
> >in Florida going back 45 million years, and their bones turn up in pre-
> >Columbian Indian refuse mounds, so they've been in Florida for a very
> >long time. I don't know where you got your info about them being
> >introduced in the '60's, but it's flat 100% wrong.

> Post your proof about the Florida Manatees. If obtained from a Wiki page

As just one example, see http://www.fws.gov/northflorida/mana...tive-facts.htm
.. Regarding Manatee bones in the Florida archaeological record, see
http://www.nbbd.com/godo/history/windover/ .

It's a simple matter to find lots of info backing up what I said. But
I'm not the one making a wild claim about Manatees, so I'd like to see
some proof from you that they were introduced in the 1960's.

Judging by your vulgar response to a very civil response of mine, I'd
guess you're actually the idiot making the original claim that
Manatees aren't native to Florida, proving that you're indeed using
sock puppets to back up your looney self.

John
http://www.treknature.com/members/jpdenk/photos/

NameHere

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 06:28:24 -0800 (PST), jpdenk <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Dec 8, 3:24*pm, NameHere <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> >While you're correct about the Florida Panther now being lumped in
>> >with all other Panthers since someone bothered to look at their DNA,
>> >and there does appear to be some falsifying of data regarding the
>> >Florida cats, but mainly by a few biologists who sometimes tend to
>> >value their private projects over everything else rather than being a
>> >land-grab by politicians for oil. I suspect that the reason they're
>> >still protecting it is because the Mountain Lion has been nearly
>> >extirpated in the eastern US other than in Florida and is only now
>> >beginning to come back a little bit from around the western and
>> >northern edges of its range.

>> >But you're way off-base on the Florida Manatee. It's a distinct sub-
>> >species of the West Indian Manatee, and it's found in both Florida and
>> >the Greater Antilles. The first law protecting them in Florida was
>> >passed in 1893, and another law was passed in 1907 which fined anyone
>> >$500 if they were caught harming Manatees. Their fossils are present
>> >in Florida going back 45 million years, and their bones turn up in pre-
>> >Columbian Indian refuse mounds, so they've been in Florida for a very
>> >long time. I don't know where you got your info about them being
>> >introduced in the '60's, but it's flat 100% wrong.

>> Post your proof about the Florida Manatees. If obtained from a Wiki page
>> then I know you are full of ****.

>As just one example, see http://www.fws.gov/northflorida/mana...tive-facts.htm

LOL! That's funny. Citing "facts" from the very CEO-Owned and bought for
political group that gains financially from it being "endangered".

>. Regarding Manatee bones in the Florida archaeological record, see
>http://www.nbbd.com/godo/history/windover/ .

You don't know much about the history of that region do you. It was
completely under water during the time from which any "fossils" could have
originated.

Try finding some actual scientific literature instead of someone's personal
"Community Guide" blog about their own findings and speculations to further
their tourist-money agenda.

Man, you people are such ****ing idiots. And so easily manipulated by
anyone.

jpdenk

On Dec 10, 2:19*pm, NameHere <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 06:28:24 -0800 (PST), jpdenk <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> Post your proof about the Florida Manatees. If obtained from a Wiki page
> >> then I know you are full of ****.

> >As just one example, seehttp://www.fws.gov/northflorida/manatee/manatee-native-facts.htm

> LOL! That's funny. Citing "facts" from the very CEO-Owned and bought for
> political group that gains financially from it being "endangered".
>
> >. Regarding Manatee bones in the Florida archaeological record, see
> >http://www.nbbd.com/godo/history/windover/*.

> You don't know much about the history of that region do you. It was
> completely under water during the time from which any "fossils" could have
> originated.
>
> Try finding some actual scientific literature instead of someone's personal
> "Community Guide" blog about their own findings and speculations to further
> their tourist-money agenda.
>
> Man, you people are such ****ing idiots. And so easily manipulated by
> anyone.

And your proof is where? Since you're the one making the claims that
fly in the face of what is accepted as scientific fact, the burden of
proof is on you, as there is lots of documentation showing that what I
said is accurate.

John Turco

-hh wrote:

> The P&S troll writes:

<edited for brevity>

> > Got a nice vermin-gun that'll fit you just right. A mint
> > condition JC Higgins ...

> Looks like it wasn't a SOF magazine fantasy afterall: it was the good
> old Sears Roebuck catalog that you have in your little fetish stash,
> primarily for those pages selling women's girdles...
>
> -hh

Hey, what was wrong with Sears and Wards catalogues of yore, might I
ask? They depicted attractive, wholesome (and shapely) lasses, in bras
and girdles...and those who photographed them, had perfectly enviable
gigs!

That "Soldier of Fortune" mag doesn't sound nearly as appealing, on
the other hand.

--
Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>