Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Not great for Nikon PR I'd say

Not great for Nikon PR I'd say

RichA

Ray Fischer

RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=33770272

At least the bullets aren't made out of plastic, right?

--
Ray Fischer

Rich

On Nov 22, 8:37*pm, (E-Mail Removed) (Ray Fischer) wrote:
> RichA *<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=33770272

> At least the bullets aren't made out of plastic, right?
>
> --

They only use plastic bullets on malcontents like you at G20 meetings.

Glen

On 23 Nov 2009 01:37:16 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Ray Fischer) wrote this:

>RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=33770272

>At least the bullets aren't made out of plastic, right?

- -

Tee hee hee <smirk> hee hee hee Ho Hummm!!

Ray Fischer

C J Campbell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On 2009-11-22 17:37:16 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (Ray Fischer) said:
>
>> RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=33770272

>> At least the bullets aren't made out of plastic, right?

>Gee. A company that makes hunting scopes sponsors <gasp> hunting!

You're missing the point.

> Of
>course, we all know that the photographs on the original

It's the fact that Nikon is SPONSORING the event that is the issue.

--
Ray Fischer
(E-Mail Removed)

Matt Ion

On 23/11/2009 9:13 AM, C J Campbell wrote:
> On 2009-11-22 21:46:06 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (Ray Fischer) said:
>
>> C J Campbell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Gee. A company that makes hunting scopes sponsors <gasp> hunting!

>> You're missing the point.
>>
>>> Of
>>> course, we all know that the photographs on the original

>> It's the fact that Nikon is SPONSORING the event that is the issue.

> I guess I am just not shocked at the idea that a company that
> manufactures hunting supplies might sponsor hunting contests.
>
> But then, I was born in Idaho...
>
> I loved the one comment on the thread -- the assertion that children
> exposed to such twisted violence must grow up to be psychopaths. I guess
> that explains why all third world countries and practically everyone who
> was born before 1960 or who ever lived on a farm, or anyone else who
> does not buy their meat in neat little plastic wrapped packages, is a
> psychopath, eh? Better watch out! I am a dangerous psychopath! But you
> probably knew that all along.

Guess that includes me too, then... and everyone else I went to school
with. I suppose the fact that hunter education was part of the Grade 8
curriculum means we're state-created psychopaths.

Private

"C J Campbell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> On 2009-11-22 17:37:16 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (Ray Fischer) said:
>
>> RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=33770272

>> At least the bullets aren't made out of plastic, right?

> Gee. A company that makes hunting scopes sponsors <gasp> hunting! Of
> course, we all know that the photographs on the original
> anti-hunting/anti-Nikon web site are real, depict that actual event, and
> are unretouched, right?
>
> And now, for the lighter side of predator hunting, I bring you this actual
> NTSB report, just in case you think the hunters always win:
>
> SEA02LA058
> On March 25, 2002, about 0720 mountain standard time, a Piper PA-18-150,
> N22EV, sustained substantial damage after colliding with terrain near Fort
> Peck, Montana. The airplane is owned by the pilot, and was being operated
> as a visual flight rules (VFR) flight under the provisions of Title 14,
> CFR Part 91. The commercial pilot-in-command and passenger sustained
> serious injuries. Visual meteorological conditions prevailed and no flight
> plan was filed.??The pilot was conducting a predator (coyote) control
> flight over private rangeland near Fort Peck. During the flight, at a
> reported altitude of approximately 40 feet above ground level (AGL), the
> passenger inadvertently discharged a semiautomatic 12-gauge shotgun. The
> pilot, who was seated in the forward seat, reported that the gun fired 3-4
> times, striking the right wing, fuel tank and aileron assembly. He
> reported that the damage resulted in a loss of aileron and elevator
> control. The airplane entered a descending turn to the right and
> subsequently impacted terrain in a nose-low attitude. The pilot reported
> the aircraft was on fire upon touchdown and continued to burn after the
> impact. ??The pilot reported that there were no preexisting mechanical
> malfunctions or failures that contributed to the accident. ?
>
> --
> Waddling Eagle
> World Famous Flight Instructor

The NTSB database contains many similar crash reports involving low level
shooting activities in&from Cubs and similar aircraft. Most are stall-spin
and CFIT but IIRC a surprising number are also directly gunshot related.
IMHO, The activities cost outcomes seem to be greater than any marginal and
temporary benefit.

Happy landings,