Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Vista access to NAS device.

Vista access to NAS device.

PeeCee

Greetings all.

I have acquired a FISC CDH 8 Bay Network Attached Storage device to replace
the rather asthmatic small box consumer NAS boxen I been playing with up to
now.
(manual here
ftp://web:(E-Mail Removed)...l/CDHman-e.pdf)

I's been set back to factory defaults and when attached to my LAN I can
browse to it and read/write with any XP PC on my LAN.

However when I try to access it from a Vista PC I get the following error:
\\FISC-BOX is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
network resource. Contact the administrator of this server ... (etc)

Advice I can find on the web refers to making changes on the machine that is
being accessed.
In this case that is not an option, so I need to change Vista so it access's
the FISC as if it was an XP machine.

Can someone guide me what changes I need to make to my Vista PC so I can
access the FISC.

TIA
Paul.

NAS access problems. Max Burke NZ Computing 0 01-08-2010 10:49 PM
Vista access to NAS PeeCee NZ Computing 2 11-23-2009 11:29 AM
Cannot Access NAS Share Folders George Ioakimedes Windows 64bit 5 12-06-2008 10:46 PM
NAS access in XP64 Kevin Windows 64bit 1 05-01-2008 12:57 AM
802.1x based network access control (NAS) and Linux systems (HOW) ? Marc Elsen Cisco 0 01-18-2007 10:32 AM

Advertisments