Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Dimdows Seven Has Enhanced Security!

Dimdows Seven Has Enhanced Security!

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

<http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1562900/microsoft-denies-windows-door>:

A NSA official told a Senate subcommittee on Terrorism and Homeland
Security on Monday that it had worked with [Microsoft] during its
creation of Windows 7 “to enhance Microsoft’s operating system
security.”

But that’s OK, insists Microsoft, you can trust us, we wouldn’t put a “back
door” in!

Carnations

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 11:51:36 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> <http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1562900/microsoft-denies-windows-door>:
>
> A NSA official told a Senate subcommittee on Terrorism and Homeland
> Security on Monday that it had worked with [Microsoft] during its
> creation of Windows 7 “to enhance Microsoft’s operating system
> security.”
>
> But that’s OK, insists Microsoft, you can trust us, we wouldn’t put a
> “back door” in!

Trust Microsoft - the corporation that is on public record as even having lied to its own staff in order to
meet its business purposes!!???

Roger_Nickel

windows-door>:

> A NSA official told a Senate subcommittee on Terrorism and Homeland
> Security on Monday that it had worked with [Microsoft] during its
> creation of Windows 7 “to enhance Microsoft’s operating system
> security.”
>
> But that’s OK, insists Microsoft, you can trust us, we wouldn’t put a
> “back door” in!

Why use the back door when the front door is open?

Carnations

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 09:50:07 +1200, Roger_Nickel wrote:

>> But that’s OK, insists Microsoft, you can trust us, we wouldn’t put a
>> “back door” in!

> Why use the back door when the front door is open?

Indeed why would you use that house to store your family treasures when the door to that house is
unable to be locked shut?

Biggles

windows-door>:

> A NSA official told a Senate subcommittee on Terrorism and Homeland
> Security on Monday that it had worked with [Microsoft] during its
> creation of Windows 7 “to enhance Microsoft’s operating system
> security.”
>
> But that’s OK, insists Microsoft, you can trust us, we wouldn’t put a
> “back door” in!

Seems the linux crowd dont know how to secure their OS either...

http://www.h-online.com/security/new...e-Sun-and-Red-
Hat-harden-their-systems-863889.html

Wonder what back door code gets slipped in cough ................

BigglesZZzz