Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Convert MP3 to WAV

Convert MP3 to WAV

rmo555@cox.net

I'd like to convert some MP3 files to WAV format.
1. Does Nero 9 do that?
2. Is there a freeware program that does that?

Thanks........

Bert Hyman

In news:(E-Mail Removed) http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I'd like to convert some MP3 files to WAV format.
> 1. Does Nero 9 do that?

Nero 7 did, so 9 probably does too. Assuming that the same apps are
included and they still work in much the same way,

A) Use the "WaveEditor"

or

B) Use "Nero Burning ROM"

1. Go to the "Extras" menu
2. Select "Encode Files"
3. Proceed from there ...

> 2. Is there a freeware program that does that?

Without doubt.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN (E-Mail Removed)

Netmask

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I'd like to convert some MP3 files to WAV format.
> 1. Does Nero 9 do that?
> 2. Is there a freeware program that does that?
>
> Thanks........

The question is why you want to do it? CoolEdit Pro or Goldwave or Adobe
Audition will do it. But you won't gain anything unless your dvd
authoring program or sound editor can't handle mp3. No improvement in
quality etc. Converting Wave to MP3 is understandable to save file size.

rmo555@cox.net

I have some MP3 files that I want to use as system sounds - and you can
only use WAV files for this purpose.

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 19:57:09 GMT, Netmask <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> I'd like to convert some MP3 files to WAV format.
>> 1. Does Nero 9 do that?
>> 2. Is there a freeware program that does that?
>>
>> Thanks........

>The question is why you want to do it? CoolEdit Pro or Goldwave or Adobe
>Audition will do it. But you won't gain anything unless your dvd
>authoring program or sound editor can't handle mp3. No improvement in
>quality etc. Converting Wave to MP3 is understandable to save file size.

Stan Brown

Fri, 20 Nov 2009 13:25:07 -0500 from (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)>:

> I'd like to convert some MP3 files to WAV format.

> 2. Is there a freeware program that does that?

iTunes does.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Netmask

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I have some MP3 files that I want to use as system sounds - and you can
> only use WAV files for this purpose.
>
> On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 19:57:09 GMT, Netmask <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> I'd like to convert some MP3 files to WAV format.
>>> 1. Does Nero 9 do that?
>>> 2. Is there a freeware program that does that?
>>>
>>> Thanks........

>> The question is why you want to do it? CoolEdit Pro or Goldwave or Adobe
>> Audition will do it. But you won't gain anything unless your dvd
>> authoring program or sound editor can't handle mp3. No improvement in
>> quality etc. Converting Wave to MP3 is understandable to save file size.

ah! that makes sense..

rmo555@cox.net

Great - thanks........I have iTunes and didn't know it cold do that.

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 21:11:44 -0500, Stan Brown
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Fri, 20 Nov 2009 13:25:07 -0500 from (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)>:
>>
>> I'd like to convert some MP3 files to WAV format.

>> 2. Is there a freeware program that does that?

>iTunes does.

windhello

The Total Video2Dvd is ok!
Total Video2Dvd is an easy-to-use disc authoring and burning software
which includes a powerful video converter engine for DVD that lets you
do more with your standard or High-Definition digital media. It
creates standard DVD discs with studio-quality personalized menus.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...earch&aq=f&oq=
You can get this soft from the following website:
http://www.effectmatrix.com/total_vi...thor/index.htm

M.L.

>I'd like to convert some MP3 files to WAV format.

>2. Is there a freeware program that does that?

Any Audio Converter (batch encoding, normalizer)
Input: AAC, AVI, FLAC, M4A, MP2, MP3, MP4(IPOD,PSP,ZUNE), MPEG1,
MPEG2, OGG, WAV, WMA, WMV/ASF
Output: AAC, FLAC, M4A, MP2, MP3, MP4(IPOD,PSP,ZUNE), OGG, WAV, WMA
OS: Win 2000/XP/Vista
www.any-audio-converter.com/

Free Mp3 Wma Converter (batch encoding, optional adware installs)
Input: AAC, AC3, APE, FLAC, M4A, MP3, OGG, WAV
Output: AAC, AC3, APE, FLAC, M4A, MP3, OGG, WAV
OS: Win 2000/XP/Vista
www.koyotesoft.com/indexEn.html

Pazera Free Audio Extractor (batch encoding, output volume control)
Input: 3G2(Mobile), 3GP(Mobile), AAC, AC3, AVI, DAT, FLV, M4V, MKV,
MOV, MP3, MP4(IPOD,PSP,ZUNE), MPEG1, MPEG2, QT, RM, RMVB, SWF, VOB,
WAV, WMA, WMV/ASF
Output: AAC, AC3, FLAC, MP3, OGG, WAV, WMA
OS: Win NT/98/ME/2000/XP/2003/Vista
http://www.pazera-software.com/produ...dio-extractor/

RazorLame (batch encoding)
Input: MP3, WAV
Output: MP3, WAV
OS: Win NT/95/98/2000/XP
http://www.dors.de/razorlame/index.php

Spark audio converter (batch encoding, registerware)
Input: APE, FLAC, MP3, OGG, WAV
Output: APE, FLAC, MP3, OGG, WAV
OS: Win NT/98/ME/2000/XP/2003/Vista
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multime...onverter.shtml

Switch Audio Converter (batch encoding, normalizer)
Input: AAC, AIFF, AMR, AU, FLAC, GSM, M4A, MP3, OGG, RAW, VOX, WAV,
WMA
Output: AAC, AIFF, AMR, AU, FLAC, GSM, M4A, MP3, OGG, RAW, VOX, WAV,
WMA
OS: Win 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008
http://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.html

Ine

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 06:38:42 +0530, Ardent <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 13:25:07 -0500, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>2. Is there a freeware program that does that?

>Why load a big program like Nero for this.
>
>"Simple" will do all you want, get it here:
>
>www.geocities.com/simplelance

Geocities' plug was pulled last month.