Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Page_Load event

Page_Load event

Roger

My page_load event doesn't fire if I close my browser and reopen it to the
same page. Any reason why? Is there something I need to set in my
web.config or global.asax? Right now, I don't have anything in either of
those files?

Thanks,

Roger

yj

Roger,

Is your app an inline ASP.NET application (i.e., developed using NOTEPAD) or
is it a full code-behind app developed using Visual Studio, Web Matrix or C#
Builder?

If it's an inline app, then you need to set the AutoEventWireup attribute of
the @Page directive to "true." This will automatically wireup the OnPageLoad
event and its associated Page_Load() method (as well as the other "well known"
named events/methods, such as Page_Init.)

That could be the issue, but I would need to see your specific code.

Note: for code-behind apps, leave AutoEventWireUp set to "false". Otherwise
your Page events will fire twice.

- - Jerry Bucknoff

http://www.setfocus.com/Place/info/Print.asp?CID=40306
Jerry Bucknoff, MBA, is Management Consultant in New York City.
Dr. William Reisel, MBA, PhD, is associate professor of management /
organizational behavior at The Zicklin School of Business, Baruch College, The
City University of New York.