Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > functional tracing in a solaris machine

functional tracing in a solaris machine

aki

Hi folks ,

I was wondering is there a possible way to get complete functional
trace for a running process .
i know dtrace is one such utility in solaris to do so .
I tried but was not fully succesfull to get full trace level .

dtrace -s call_log.d ${TARGET_PID} <function_name >

does anyone know better way to do this ...?

or any such utilility ...

thanks
Aki

Eric Sosman

aki wrote:
> Hi folks ,
>
> I was wondering is there a possible way to get complete functional
> trace for a running process .
> i know dtrace is one such utility in solaris to do so .
> I tried but was not fully succesfull to get full trace level .
>
> dtrace -s call_log.d ${TARGET_PID} <function_name >
>
> does anyone know better way to do this ...?
>
> or any such utilility ...

Your question is not about C, not even remotely about C,
so it doesn't belong here. Try a Unix or Solaris forum.

<off-topic> DTrace is the tool you want. There's plenty of
documentation, and there are plenty of blogs and other on-line
resources; consult them. </off-topic>

--
Eric Sosman