Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > DOM related question and problem

DOM related question and problem

elca

Hello,
these day im making python script related with DOM.

problem is these day many website structure is very complicate .

what is best method to check DOM structure and path..

i mean...following is some example.

what is best method to check can extract such like following info quickly?

before i was spent much time to extract such info .

and yes im also new to python and DOM.

IE.Document.Frames(1).Document.forms('comment').va lue = 'hello'

if i use DOM inspector, can i extract such info quickly ? if so would you
show me some sample?

here is some site . i want to extract some dom info.

today i was spent all day long to extract what is dom info. but failed

http://www.segye.com/Articles/News/P...=0101010600000

at the end of this page,can find some comment input box.

i want to know what kind of dom element should have to use, such like

IE.Document.Frames(1).Document.forms('comment').va lue = 'hello'

anyhelp much appreciate thanks

Stefan Behnel

elca, 18.11.2009 19:04:
> these day im making python script related with DOM.
>
> problem is these day many website structure is very complicate .
> [...]
> what is best method to check can extract such like following info quickly?

This should help:

http://blog.ianbicking.org/2008/12/1...aping-library/

Stefan

elca

Stefan Behnel-3 wrote:

> elca, 18.11.2009 19:04:
>> these day im making python script related with DOM.
>>
>> problem is these day many website structure is very complicate .
>> [...]
>> what is best method to check can extract such like following info
>> quickly?

> This should help:
>
> http://blog.ianbicking.org/2008/12/1...aping-library/
>
> Stefan

hello
yes..i know this website already.
but failed to use it lxml solution

bla bla

Nice post on extracting data, simple and too the point , I use
python for simple html extracting data, but for larger projects like
the web, files, or documents i tried <a href="http://
www.extractingdata.com">extract data</a> which worked great, they
build quick custom screen scrapers, extracting data, and data parsing
programs

Diez B. Roggisch

bla bla schrieb:
> Nice post on extracting data, simple and too the point , I use
> python for simple html extracting data, but for larger projects like
> the web, files, or documents i tried <a href="http://
> www.extractingdata.com">extract data</a> which worked great, they
> build quick custom screen scrapers, extracting data, and data parsing
> programs

You don't happen to be affiliated with that commercial venture?

Which seems to be shady, to say the least. No real address, dns
registered by a rather shady provider... better steer clear from this,
and use lxml.

Diez