Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Monitor color

Monitor color

Andy Petro

The background color on my lcd computer monitor is pink . It used to be
blue.
Is this the fault of the monitor or the setting in the computer.Adjusting it
does not help.

richard

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 12:32:34 -0500, Andy Petro wrote:

> The background color on my lcd computer monitor is pink . It used to be
> blue.
> Is this the fault of the monitor or the setting in the computer.Adjusting it
> does not help.

Found some interesting cures by googling.
One suggestion might be unshielded speakers beside the LCD.
Loose connections, broken cables too.
Tonight when you go to bed, totally disconnect the power. Then see if it is
blue again.

You could also play around with the settings in the control panel's color
monitor area.

why?

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 12:32:34 -0500, Andy Petro wrote:

>The background color on my lcd computer monitor is pink . It used to be
>blue.
>Is this the fault of the monitor or the setting in the computer.Adjusting it
>does not help.

Adjusting what to what doesn't help, didn't matter wasn't mentioned

You did see this thread?

From: "belto"
Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
Subject: Laptop lilac screen Help

http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...0newsfe22.ams2
or shorter
http://preview.tinyurl.com/yzocjke

Me

Jordon

Andy Petro wrote:
> The background color on my lcd computer monitor is pink . It used to be
> blue.
> Is this the fault of the monitor or the setting in the computer.Adjusting it
> does not help.

When my monitor is turned off it's black.

When it's turned on but the computer isn't on, it's
still black.

But when the computer is turned on and it finally loads
Windows, I have my desktop color set to blue.

In which condition are you seeing the pink? If it's the
third, change the color.

--
Jordon

JOHN MATHEW

Hi Andy,

Check,
If there any magnetic material seating around the monitor,
If there any iron material seating around the monitor,
Replace the VGA cable and try,
If the monitor is connected via graphics card, disable it and try the
on board VGA support,
Check for graphics card failure,
Try reset the monitor adjustment,
Check with another computer,