Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > emails ti UK getting held up?

emails ti UK getting held up?

Geopelia

Is anyone else sending emails to UK getting them held up for some days? They
don't appear in Sent Items either.

POP3 and Yahoo xtra.

I wondered if it is a general problem just now, or me, or the recipient.

Dave Doe

In article <hdvd32$54l$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,

> Is anyone else sending emails to UK getting them held up for some days? They
> don't appear in Sent Items either.
>
> POP3 and Yahoo xtra.
>
> I wondered if it is a general problem just now, or me, or the recipient.

No problems mailing the UK for me.

What email client are you using, and who is your email provider (ISP)?
Need that info Geo!

Most mail clients, if your email isn't in the Sent Items, it will be
"stuck" in the Outbox. So is it there? If not, where are they - they
must be *somewhere*.

If they are being sent to your ISP (and no reason that email to any
domain or country won't be), then an email server will send a Non
Delivery Report (NDR) if the email cannot, for some reason, be sent
further on (ie to your UK folk). So you should get an NDR saying the
email has either not been able to be delivered (bounced) and a reason
for that, or that it is in a 'retry' situation (eg. unable to contact an
email server in the UK for the moment, will keep trying for 24 hours -
or something to that effect).

--
Duncan.

Donchano

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 13:14:57 +1300, Dave Doe <(E-Mail Removed)> shouted
from the highest rooftop:

>What email client are you using, and who is your email provider (ISP)?
>Need that info Geo!

Geo's ISP is " Yahoo xtra."

Donchano

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 13:18:56 +1300, Donchano
<(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:

>On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 13:14:57 +1300, Dave Doe <(E-Mail Removed)> shouted
>from the highest rooftop:
>
>>What email client are you using, and who is your email provider (ISP)?
>>Need that info Geo!

>Geo's ISP is " Yahoo xtra."

And looking at the OP's header I'm assuming he uses the same mail
client as newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843

Geopelia

"Dave Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> In article <hdvd32$54l$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>>
>> Is anyone else sending emails to UK getting them held up for some days?
>> They
>> don't appear in Sent Items either.
>>
>> POP3 and Yahoo xtra.
>>
>> I wondered if it is a general problem just now, or me, or the recipient.

> No problems mailing the UK for me.
>
> What email client are you using, and who is your email provider (ISP)?
> Need that info Geo!

Yahoo!Xtra mail default
POP 3 mail
Connection Any Available.

> Most mail clients, if your email isn't in the Sent Items, it will be
> "stuck" in the Outbox. So is it there? If not, where are they - they
> must be *somewhere*.

No. it's not in the Outbox
Where else should I look?

> If they are being sent to your ISP (and no reason that email to any
> domain or country won't be), then an email server will send a Non
> Delivery Report (NDR) if the email cannot, for some reason, be sent
> further on (ie to your UK folk). So you should get an NDR saying the
> email has either not been able to be delivered (bounced) and a reason
> for that, or that it is in a 'retry' situation (eg. unable to contact an
> email server in the UK for the moment, will keep trying for 24 hours -
> or something to that effect).

I haven't received any report.

I press send and sometimes they just seem to have disappeared.
A few short ones testing got to the recipient all at once several days late.

She is on uko2.co.uk

Perhaps it is their end. Cc I send to myself get to me.

Geopelia

Geopelia

"Donchano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 13:18:56 +1300, Donchano
> <(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>

>>On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 13:14:57 +1300, Dave Doe <(E-Mail Removed)> shouted
>>from the highest rooftop:
>>
>>>What email client are you using, and who is your email provider (ISP)?
>>>Need that info Geo!

>>Geo's ISP is " Yahoo xtra."

That's default.
Also POP 3

> And looking at the OP's header I'm assuming he uses the same mail
> client as newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843

The newsgroup is eternal-september.org(2)
emails are Outlook Express

Geopelia

Enkidu

Geopelia wrote:
> Is anyone else sending emails to UK getting them held up for some
> days? They don't appear in Sent Items either.
>
> POP3 and Yahoo xtra.
>
> I wondered if it is a general problem just now, or me, or the
> recipient.

No problems here, Geo.

Cheers,

Cliff

Dave Doe

In article <he0j8q$r9m$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...

> "Dave Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> > In article <hdvd32$54l$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,
> > (E-Mail Removed) says...
> >>
> >> Is anyone else sending emails to UK getting them held up for some days?
> >> They
> >> don't appear in Sent Items either.
> >>
> >> POP3 and Yahoo xtra.
> >>
> >> I wondered if it is a general problem just now, or me, or the recipient.

> > No problems mailing the UK for me.
> >
> > What email client are you using, and who is your email provider (ISP)?
> > Need that info Geo!

> Yahoo!Xtra mail default
> POP 3 mail
> Connection Any Available.
>

> > Most mail clients, if your email isn't in the Sent Items, it will be
> > "stuck" in the Outbox. So is it there? If not, where are they - they
> > must be *somewhere*.

> No. it's not in the Outbox
> Where else should I look?

*Everywhere* in your email client!

In OE, Edit, Find ....

> > If they are being sent to your ISP (and no reason that email to any
> > domain or country won't be), then an email server will send a Non
> > Delivery Report (NDR) if the email cannot, for some reason, be sent
> > further on (ie to your UK folk). So you should get an NDR saying the
> > email has either not been able to be delivered (bounced) and a reason
> > for that, or that it is in a 'retry' situation (eg. unable to contact an
> > email server in the UK for the moment, will keep trying for 24 hours -
> > or something to that effect).

> I haven't received any report.
>
> I press send and sometimes they just seem to have disappeared.
> A few short ones testing got to the recipient all at once several days late.
>
> She is on uko2.co.uk
>
> Perhaps it is their end. Cc I send to myself get to me.

Well surely they end up in Sent Items.

Is your Sent Items folder sorted by Sent date, descending?

--
Duncan.

Geopelia

"Enkidu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4b04777c$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Geopelia wrote:
>> Is anyone else sending emails to UK getting them held up for some
>> days? They don't appear in Sent Items either.
>>
>> POP3 and Yahoo xtra.
>>
>> I wondered if it is a general problem just now, or me, or the
>> recipient.
>>

> No problems here, Geo.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cliff

The recipient says a lot of my "testing" emails turned up all together days
later. Looks like it's her end, if there is nothing wrong at Yahoo!xtra.
Perhaps there is a bottleneck somewhere. Stuck on a satellite?

She thinks whatever it was may be fixed now. But I'm still puzzled why they
don't show in my Sent items. Perhaps whatever is holding them up stops that?

Sailor Sam

Geopelia wrote:
> "Enkidu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4b04777c$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Geopelia wrote:
>>> Is anyone else sending emails to UK getting them held up for some
>>> days? They don't appear in Sent Items either.
>>>
>>> POP3 and Yahoo xtra.
>>>
>>> I wondered if it is a general problem just now, or me, or the
>>> recipient.
>>>

>> No problems here, Geo.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Cliff
>>

> The recipient says a lot of my "testing" emails turned up all together days
> later. Looks like it's her end, if there is nothing wrong at Yahoo!xtra.
> Perhaps there is a bottleneck somewhere. Stuck on a satellite?

I have a friend who is using Yahoo! Xtra for her mail, and sometimes
(quite often) she does not receive mail, especially from gmail. I wonder
if the two issues are connected.