Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > duplicate Name on network

duplicate Name on network

rnj12

I am new to net working and require a little help. I connect my laptop to my
pc via a netgear router when connected I recieve a windows error mesage a
duplicate name exist on this network.how do I rectify this

emilio.aguinaldo@gmail.com

hi
just go to control panel > system >

and look for tab for computer name.
change this to another name. you got the error because 2 or more
computers with the same name were logged on to the network.

while at it check network properties > tcpip and make sure the 2
computers do not have the same ip address as well.