Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > windows 7 back to Vista

windows 7 back to Vista

trueone

"Biggles" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hdo8nr$mo1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 18:49:27 +1300, trueone wrote:
>

>>> Why?

>> I dont like the new task bar, the new media player, the lack of email
>> program. photo gallery. the snap to feature. I know you can download
>> different ones from the internet and disable snap to etc. Really its
>> just a combination of things I dont like rather than any particular
>> thing. I like look and feel of Vista better overall. I also found no
>> difference in start up or shut down times but those arent a problem
>> anyway.

> You did realize that the email photo stuff programs still exists ...if
> folks wanted it they just DL'd t from the microsft web site ...
>
> Less eye candy means it will run on lesser hardware ... you cant have it
> both ways ...
>
> Cheers..

Yeah as I said above I know most can be downloaded. I dont like windows
live mail. I know you cant have both ways either and it is not just the eye
candy either. Just like Vista better overall. Cheers

Richard

trueone wrote:
> Am I the only weird one or are there others. I tried 7 rc and wasnt
> keen on it but did get the final on releases day. Finally today went
> back to Vista. Just couldnt get to like Windows 7. Anyone else found
> they preferred Vista

I didnt like the new taskbar to start with, but you can change it to
have names on it so I dont have to play hunt the icon to find things.

At least photoshop and illustrator have sensible icons, the rest take
too long to recognize, but with the names back its all good.

Otherwise all the other improvments are great additions IMO, particually
a new folder button when using windows explorer. Windows up and down and
left/right are something I am using a lot as well. Already I miss
dragging windows from maximized on one screen to maximized on another
when using a friends vista machine.

thingy

On Nov 15, 5:18*pm, "trueone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Am I the only weird one or are there others. *I tried 7 rc and wasnt keen on
> it but did get the final on releases day. *Finally today went back to Vista.
> Just couldnt get to like Windows 7. *Anyone else found they preferred Vista

Nope....Im still on Vista x 2 but Ive preferred the w7 trial
setups....I might upgrade my laptop, but what's making me not bother
is the cost, at least $250 is plain silly.

regards

Thing

Erik Vastmasd

I caught a glimpse of "trueone" <(E-Mail Removed)> on Sun, 15 Nov
2009 17:18:10 +1300, writing in nz.comp:

>Am I the only weird one or are there others. I tried 7 rc and wasnt keen on
>it but did get the final on releases day. Finally today went back to Vista.
>Just couldnt get to like Windows 7. Anyone else found they preferred Vista

"trueone" Re Your: "Just couldnt get to like Windows 7".
Windows 7 has only been out for virtually 5 minutes?

I never tried Vista so I recently left WinXP Pro and went to a new
computer with Windows 7 pre-installed on C: drive.

I created partitions D: & E: so I could install my usual programmes on
D: with Music and Backups going to E:.

My usual programmes, Eudora for email, Agent for newsgroups and Opera as
a browser, all three work very well under Windows 7. As does, WinAmp. MS
Money 2004 and the various security programmes I use.

So I'm ahead so far, but I don't like the appearance of the startup
screen and access to the various programmes. So I'm patient enough to
gradually change the appearance to suit myself.

As an added incentive my wife who isn't into computers agreed to our
purchase of a new computer with Windows 7 so I won't be reverting to
WinXP Pro. for obvious reasons.

I've re-installed Windows 7 once already and a second re-installation is
soon coming up.
--

Erik

EMB

geoff wrote:

> Only thing missing is Classic Windows start button menu scheme/themee. Or
> did I miss it ?

It's missing but fixable.

http://www.csmenu.com/