Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > "Unable to find the WAB.DLL."

"Unable to find the WAB.DLL."

Bearcat-2

I am also having an issue with the e-mail. I recently purchased a Windows 7,
64-bit computer (my previous computer's mother board decided she wasn’t going
to live here any more).

In between the first and second computer I viewed and replied to my e-mails
via my internet provider "suddenlink.net". Nothing fancy just plain old
e-mail traffic.

After buying the new machine, I began setting it up for use with the
programs I used in the previous machine. One of the first things I did was
to set up my e-mail account. I loaded my 2000 Professional Office suite like
I had on the previous computer (it used Windows XP). I set it up in the
POP3 "suddenlink.net" e-mail protocol. Outlook loaded the e-mails from that
start date forward.

It was when I tried to send new e-mails I started getting a prompt saying -
"An error occurred while attempting to open the WAB. Unable to find the
WAB.DLL."

I decided to do two things 1.) set up the Windows Live E-mail and 2.)
uninstall the 2000 Professional Office suite and re-install it minus the
Outlook 2000. The Windows Live E-Mail is wonderful and operates very much
like Outlook. Unfortunately I am still getting the (Windows Address Book)
WAB.DLL prompt.

How do I fix this issue? and how do I pull all the e-mails onto Windows Live
that are in the Suddenlink webmail box prior to setting up my new machine?

Oh and one more issue. When I am on a web site and I click on a contact
link to e-mail a person, I get a prompt that says "Could not perform this
operation because the default mail client is not properly installed." Are
they talking about me or the person I am trying to contact thru their link?

Sorry to be so long winded.

Thank you

rockobuster