Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > IE8 crashes when trying to view security certificates

Reply
Thread Tools

IE8 crashes when trying to view security certificates

 
 
Skybuck Flying
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2009
Hello,

When trying to view the security certificates of this website via IE8 menu:

page->properties

https://www.ziggo.nl/#help/steljevraag/faq/563

IE8 crashes...

Bye,
Skybuck.





 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Bobby Johnson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2009
Has to be something with your system. It's fine on my system in both
IE8 and Firefox.

And, yes, I did page->properties without any crash!


Skybuck Flying wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When trying to view the security certificates of this website via IE8 menu:
>
> page->properties
>
> https://www.ziggo.nl/#help/steljevraag/faq/563
>
> IE8 crashes...
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.
>
>
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Bruce Hagen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2009
No need to include Outlook Express in your crosspost. Include IE General
instead.

Internet Explorer General Newsgroup.
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...plorer.general
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]
Imperial Beach, CA




"Skybuck Flying" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:93e76$4afda44c$d53371df$(E-Mail Removed)1.nb .home.nl...
> Hello,
>
> When trying to view the security certificates of this website via IE8
> menu:
>
> page->properties
>
> https://www.ziggo.nl/#help/steljevraag/faq/563
>
> IE8 crashes...
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.
>
>
>
>
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
Bobby Johnson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2009
Some people think the shotgun effect is more impressive that a single
well aimed shot.


Bruce Hagen wrote:
> No need to include Outlook Express in your crosspost. Include IE General
> instead.
>
> Internet Explorer General Newsgroup.
> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...plorer.general

 
Reply With Quote
 
Bruce Hagen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2009
But your issue has nothing to do with Outlook Express. Hunting out of
season?

"Bobby Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Some people think the shotgun effect is more impressive that a single well
> aimed shot.
>
>
> Bruce Hagen wrote:
>> No need to include Outlook Express in your crosspost. Include IE General
>> instead.
>>
>> Internet Explorer General Newsgroup.
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...plorer.general


 
Reply With Quote
 
Bobby Johnson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2009
It's not my issue. Skybuck Flying started the thread.

Bruce Hagen wrote:
> But your issue has nothing to do with Outlook Express. Hunting out of
> season?
>
> "Bobby Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Some people think the shotgun effect is more impressive that a single
>> well aimed shot.
>>
>>
>> Bruce Hagen wrote:
>>> No need to include Outlook Express in your crosspost. Include IE
>>> General instead.
>>>
>>> Internet Explorer General Newsgroup.
>>> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...plorer.general

>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Dennis Pack
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2009
Skybuck Flying:
If you aren't working with a clean installation of XP x64 since the
last series of errors, that may be the cause for your current problems.
Unfortunately I don't have a system with XP x64 running to properly test for
your problem but in either of my Win-7 x64 systems there are no problems
opening the security certificates. Have a great day.

--
Dennis Pack
Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.
"Skybuck Flying" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:93e76$4afda44c$d53371df$(E-Mail Removed)1.nb .home.nl...
> Hello,
>
> When trying to view the security certificates of this website via IE8
> menu:
>
> page->properties
>
> https://www.ziggo.nl/#help/steljevraag/faq/563
>
> IE8 crashes...
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus
> signature database 4604 (20091113) __________
>
> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
>
> http://www.eset.com
>
>
>



__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4605 (20091113) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com



 
Reply With Quote
 
PA Bear [MS MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2009
[Excessive crossposting removed]

Is the most recent Root Certificates update installed?


Skybuck Flying wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When trying to view the security certificates of this website via IE8
> menu:
>
> page->properties
>
> https://www.ziggo.nl/#help/steljevraag/faq/563
>
> IE8 crashes...
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Kue2
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-15-2009
I have WinXP 64 running here, do not have trouble viewing security
certificates here.

"Skybuck Flying" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:93e76$4afda44c$d53371df$(E-Mail Removed)1.nb .home.nl...
> Hello,
>
> When trying to view the security certificates of this website via IE8
> menu:
>
> page->properties
>
> https://www.ziggo.nl/#help/steljevraag/faq/563
>
> IE8 crashes...
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.
>
>
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Kue2
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-15-2009
Skybuck Flying

That site you have listed does crash IE 8 in both Vista Home 64
and also in WINXP 64 if you try to view the security certificate.
Must be that site, as other sites I visit do not exhibit this behavior.

"Skybuck Flying" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:93e76$4afda44c$d53371df$(E-Mail Removed)1.nb .home.nl...
> Hello,
>
> When trying to view the security certificates of this website via IE8
> menu:
>
> page->properties
>
> https://www.ziggo.nl/#help/steljevraag/faq/563
>
> IE8 crashes...
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.
>
>
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ie8!=ie8 cecile Javascript 2 05-24-2010 09:04 AM
Re: Advantages of IE8/64 over IE8/32 PA Bear [MS MVP] Windows 64bit 0 08-17-2009 09:43 PM
Are SSL certificates and x.509 certificates the same? n33470 ASP .Net Web Services 0 12-14-2005 03:30 PM
How to make a week view and day view calendar just like month view calendar in .NET ? Parthiv Joshi ASP .Net Web Controls 1 07-06-2004 03:15 PM
Self-issued certificates and commercial certificates. Lord Amoeba Computer Security 2 05-05-2004 01:40 PM



Advertisments