Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Additional Resources Needed to Prepare

Additional Resources Needed to Prepare

Victor Asuquo

Hello All;

I am in the process of upgrading my credetials from MCSE to MCITP EA my mcp
id is 3493920. I have purchased the requisite MS Press books from amazon,
gone through them at least twice, performed all the labs (also twice) and
used the included practise tests from measureup and consistently scored
encouraging points.

I want to know if all this preparation is adequate to ace the exam, will the
exam include simulations, are there additional legitimate resources that
might be helpful and all the blah blah blah the I might need and may have
overlooked.

Please all response to this will be highly appreciated

Thanks Guys ffor your time

Lawrence Garvin [MVP]

"Victor Asuquo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello All;
>
> I am in the process of upgrading my credetials from MCSE to MCITP EA my
> mcp id is 3493920. I have purchased the requisite MS Press books from
> amazon, gone through them at least twice, performed all the labs (also
> twice) and used the included practise tests from measureup and
> consistently scored encouraging points.
>
> I want to know if all this preparation is adequate to ace the exam,

"ace"!? probably not.

"PASS"! ... possibly.

> will the exam include simulations,

Maybe. (I believe what to expect on the exam is covered in the Introductions
in those MSPress books you've read.)

> are there additional legitimate resources that might be helpful and all
> the blah blah blah the I might need and may have overlooked.

The Windows Server 2008 product documentation, in the Microsoft TechNet
Library would be a good resource, and it's available for free, so I'd
definitely start here -- also, it's the only *authoritative* source for
information about Windows Server 2008.
[http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...1(WS.10).aspx]

The various volumes of the Windows Server 2008 Resource Kit would also be an
excellent resource.
[http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...oks/9552.aspx] (Active Directory)
[http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...&locale=en-us]
(Hyper-V)

and there are four others which seem to be not listed on the MSLearning
website covering:
* IIS7
* Group Policy
* Security
* Terminal Services

There are also Technical Reference Guides
TCP/IP Protocols and Services
[http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...ks/11630.aspx]

Networking and Network Access Protection (NAP)
[http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...0&locale=en-us ]

The Administrator's Companion
[http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...ks/11840.aspx]
and the Inside Out books
[http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...&locale=en-us]
are also usually good resources for exam preparation also.

And absolutely be sure you've read Mitch Tulloch's
Introducing Windows Server 2008
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...3&locale=en-us
as you can expect a fair number of the questions on an *upgrade* exam will
be based on new features of the OS.

Be aware there is a *lot* of material covered on the 70-649 exam -- the
equivalent content of three separate MCTS exams (70-640, 70-642, 70-643),
plus the MCITP exam itself (70-647).

Both of the above are resources that will help make the difference between
"pass" and "ace".

Note: All of the above volumes are available via the ITPro Microsoft
eReference Library at Books24x7.com for $150/year subscription.
http://microsofteref.books24x7.com/partnerspecial.asp

Books24x7.com also offers a 30 day trial subscription.

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

LearningAgent

Lawrence provided a great road map (I had to give you 5 stars for
that) and here are a few to compliment his recommendation:

1. Check out MOAC (Microsoft Official Academic Curriculum) like:

http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyT...teCd-MOAC.html

2. Check out the offerings at Sybex like:

http://www.sybex.com/WileyCDA/SybexT...470343451.html

http://www.sybex.com/WileyCDA/SybexT...470293160.html

It's not free, but it is quality study material (This material is part
of the learning reinforcement/retention package that we give to all of
our students).

Good luck,

Scott Miller
MLT/Instructing Technologies

On Nov 13, 2:16*am, "Victor Asuquo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello All;
>
> I am in the process of upgrading my credetials from MCSE to MCITP EA my mcp
> id is 3493920. I have purchased the requisite MS Press books from amazon,
> gone through them at least twice, performed all the labs (also twice) and
> used the included practise tests from measureup and consistently scored
> encouraging points.
>
> I want to know if all this preparation is adequate to ace the exam, will the
> exam include simulations, are there additional legitimate resources that
> might be helpful and all the blah blah blah the I might need and may have
> overlooked.
>
> Please all response to this will be highly appreciated
>
> Thanks Guys ffor your time

Lawrence Garvin [MVP]

"LearningAgent" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> Lawrence provided a great road map (I had to give you 5 stars for
>> that) and here are a few to compliment his recommendation:

> 1. Check out MOAC (Microsoft Official Academic Curriculum) like:
> http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyT...teCd-MOAC.html

Absolutely incredible! I did not realize that MOAC was available for retail
purchase!

> 2. Check out the offerings at Sybex like:

And thanks for including links from other publishers! Since Victor was
already using MSPress materials, I chose to focus on the MSPress content,
but certainly did not mean to slight Sybex, Wrox, APress, or any of the
McGrawHill companies.

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA