Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > open source linux -> windows database connectivity?

open source linux -> windows database connectivity?

Tony Schmidt

I am trying to read a Pervasive database on a Windows machine from a
Python script on a Linux machine.

I understand that this can be done with a proprietary ODBC-to-ODBC
bridge called mxODBC or Easysoft OOB.

Is there anyway to do this with existing free/ open source tools?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Tony Schmidt

>Note: The client part of this product is free. You only need to
>get a license for the server part.

Yeah, but don't I need the server part to make the connection?

Would it be possible to use Jython and the Pervasive JDBC driver for
this?

On Nov 12, 2:56*pm, "M.-A. Lemburg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Tony Schmidt wrote:
> > I am trying to read a Pervasive database on a Windows machine from a
> > Python script on a Linux machine.

> > I understand that this can be done with a proprietary ODBC-to-ODBC
> > bridge called mxODBC or Easysoft OOB.

> The product is called "mxODBC Connect" and allows connecting from
> Python (running on pretty much any major platform) to a Windows
> or Linux server running the database:
>
> * *http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxODBCConnect/
>
> Note: The client part of this product is free. You only need to
> get a license for the server part.
>
> Alternatively, you can also our mxODBC single-tier product with
> the Pervasive ODBC driver available for Linux:
>
> * *http://ww1.pervasive.com/developerzo...orms/linux.asp
>
> Regards,
> --
> Marc-Andre Lemburg
> eGenix.com
>
> Professional Python Services directly from the Source *(#1, Nov 12 2009)>>> Python/Zope Consulting and Support ... * * * *http://www.egenix.com/

> ::: Try our new mxODBC.Connect Python Database Interface for free ! ::::
>
> * *eGenix.com Software, Skills and Services GmbH *Pastor-Loeh-Str.48
> * * D-40764 Langenfeld, Germany. CEO Dipl.-Math. Marc-Andre Lemburg
> * * * * * *Registered at Amtsgericht Duesseldorf: HRB 46611
> * * * * * * * *http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/

Tony Schmidt

Woo-hoo! Forget ODBC. Got this working with Jython and JDBC drivers!