Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > comodo is cool ... stopped a phisher

comodo is cool ... stopped a phisher

richard

All of a sudden tonight I get an alert from comodo someone was trying to
connect to my machine via port 25. Checked the IP and it's from china so
nope charlee chan, no come in go away.

If you need an excellent and free firewall, check out comodo.
It let's you know what's going on in your machine most firewalls don't even
bother with.

richard

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 21:14:25 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 22:02:01 -0700, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Subject: comodo is cool ... stopped a phisher

> You think it was a phisher? lol... oooookkkk.
>
> What is port 25?
>
> What would someone accomplish connecting to port 25 on your computer,
> assuming you didn't have a firewall?
>
> Please, I'd love to hear this.
>
>>All of a sudden tonight I get an alert from comodo someone was trying to
>>connect to my machine via port 25. Checked the IP and it's from china so
>>nope charlee chan, no come in go away.

> Gee, no that's not racist at all.
>
> Were you either attempting to spell the characters name Charlie Chan,
> or were you attempting to use the ethnic slur Charlie?
>
>>If you need an excellent and free firewall, check out comodo.
>>It let's you know what's going on in your machine most firewalls don't even
>>bother with.

> Because when I look for computer advice, one of the first experts I
> turn to is RtS.
>
> I don't expect you to answer. Or, as usual, to only answer about 1/3
> the questions and ignore the rest.
>
> Go ahead, it's on par.
>
> You're a racist bigot.
>
> For anyone even remotely interested, there was a post to
> misc.transport.trucking about .. oh hell, a company with a number of
> violations. Didn't see the follow up (since the person who replied was
> either in my killfile or posted via googlegroups) and the person
> replied " Anyway ... the link wasn't about brokers. Look at one of
> the photo's. See the turbin head walking around the truck ?"
>
> And RtS's reply:
>
> "Well duh, the guy's name said it all."
>
> Man up. Be proud of your upstanding Klan membership.

Yah, you one stoopid ****head charlee.

It's never a racial slur when directed towards us white boys is it?

G. Morgan

<evan@*******************************> wrote:

>>All of a sudden tonight I get an alert from comodo someone was trying to
>>connect to my machine via port 25. Checked the IP and it's from china so
>>nope charlee chan, no come in go away.

>Gee, no that's not racist at all.
>
>Were you either attempting to spell the characters name Charlie Chan,
>or were you attempting to use the ethnic slur Charlie?

I don't think it's racist either way. Geeze, you can't even call Mexicans,
Mexicans anymore. Now they want to be called "Latinos".

And I don't think the abbreviation for "Viet Cong", Victor Charlie, aka (V.C.
- in NATO phonetic code) is racist either.

How come the mere mention of a race, is now racist? Goddamn hippies.

Desk Rabbit

richard wrote:
> All of a sudden tonight I get an alert from comodo someone was trying to
> connect to my machine via port 25. Checked the IP and it's from china so
> nope charlee chan, no come in go away.

You are running a mail server on your PC? That's not a good idea.

Another

> If you need an excellent and free firewall, check out comodo.

I am looking at Comodo for 64bit Windows 7. The free version comes as a
firewall / antivirus combination. Is it possible to install on the
firewall portion of the software? I am using AVG for antivirus and do
not wish to change.

Another

> I am looking at Comodo for 64bit Windows 7. The free version comes as a
> firewall / antivirus combination. Is it possible to install on the
> firewall portion of the software? I am using AVG for antivirus and do
> not wish to change.

Never mind. My question was answered on the download page. I just did
not read far enough.

G. Morgan

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 06:47:08 -0800, Evan Platt
<evan@*******************************> wrote:

>Are you Vietnamese?

No.

> If not, then you can't really say it's not racist.
>Granted, neither am I, hence I err on the side of caution, and
>wouldn't walk down the street and say "Hi, Charlie" to Vietnamese
>people on the street.

I wouldn't either. A lot of people still have sore memories about that. John
Mc Cain still calls them "Gooks".

richard

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:30:28 -0600, Another wrote:

>> If you need an excellent and free firewall, check out comodo.

> I am looking at Comodo for 64bit Windows 7. The free version comes as a
> firewall / antivirus combination. Is it possible to install on the
> firewall portion of the software? I am using AVG for antivirus and do
> not wish to change.

so what's wrong with using both? One might catch something the other
missed.

Desk Rabbit

Evan Platt wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 12:41:33 +0000, Desk Rabbit <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> You are running a mail server on your PC? That's not a good idea.

> I'm 99% sure he isn't. Not smart enough to.

I know. I was fishing.

Aardvark

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 13:07:40 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 13:56:50 -0700, richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>so what's wrong with using both? One might catch something the other
>>missed.

> More than one firewall or one a/v = bad idea.
>
> But go for it.

I hope that was directed towards RtS and not the OP.

--
Elmo McElroy: If I wanted cuisine, I'd have gone to Paris
Felix DeSouza: You can still go to France. It's full of pricks. They hate

jobseekertool.exe/ntos.exe virus/phisher Muse Gruppes Computer Support 7 01-13-2007 07:51 AM
ANZ phisher Shane NZ Computing 5 09-19-2006 03:00 AM
Funniest phisher Shane NZ Computing 4 05-21-2006 06:41 PM
Advice on dealing with a phisher T. K. Storsved Computer Support 1 09-19-2004 05:53 AM
Cool Applet Cool Applet http://24.60.235.213/Grid/ Alisher Fatykhov Java 1 08-06-2003 04:32 AM

Advertisments