Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Reviews & How-To's > Review: Titan Robela Water Case (TWC-A88/BS)

Review: Titan Robela Water Case (TWC-A88/BS)

10-09-2005
U had a PDP, and a Sparc... u musta been rich

10-10-2005
...lots of memories there. I used to program a PDP-11 in school, if I remember right. And no, the Osborne was not British. Adam Osborne was an American, and it was an American company. It went bankrupt soon after I bought the machine - he announced a new model before it was ready, and nobody wanted the old one anymore.

10-10-2005
Ok then, what's the machine that was so popular over in England? I thought it was the Osborne? Hmm, may have been even though it wasn't made there.
And no, I wasn't rich nor am I rich now. I just have always been a computer fanatic and spend every spare penny I have on computer stuff. Most guys were going to concerts or buying cars or spending money on other stuff, I bought computer stuff. Still do to this day. As a little kid I had a lot of help getting the hardware. Either from family members who had access to the stuff or from where my mother worked where they'd upgrade some hardware and were going to get rid of the older stuff, I'd take it off their hands and repurpose it. I remember my first hard drive, it looked like a washing machine.

10-10-2005
....Sinclair computer. That was much smaller, more like a Commodore 64.

10-10-2005
No, I had several Sinclairs, they were tiny little silver computers with chicklet keyboards made by Timex.

The Osborne was one of the first portible (If you can call it that) computers. I never had one of them but I had a Compaq luggable though.
Osborne:

Compaq Luggable:

Ran a couple of BBS's off of that thing in the day.

10-10-2005
both look liek the need some old fashion modding

10-11-2005
...Commodore PET computer? Check out this site for more details. In fact, you should join the site like I did!
http://www.old-computers.com/history...l.asp?n=50&t=3

10-11-2005
I'll have to do that. Although I'm more of a bleeding edge kinda guy. I still like to reminise about the old hardware. Hehe... Anyone ELSE here ever use CP/M?