Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > ADOBE the program that won't die

ADOBE the program that won't die

Donald Wilkinson

I installed a trial copy of Adobe Photoshop 64 bit on my new Win 7 computer.
Now I want to uninstall it. It refuses to uninstall because Adobe Speed
Launcher is running in the background. I CANíT FIND THIS BLOODY SPEED
LAUNCHER!!!

1) How do I find it so I can kill it?

Or

2) How do I prevent it form starting up when I restart my computer? (
My start folder is empty)

Please help me get this virus off my new machine!!!!!

Kue2

Find it here: "Adobe Reader Speed Launcher=C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader
9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe".

"Donald Wilkinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I installed a trial copy of Adobe Photoshop 64 bit on my new Win 7
> computer. Now I want to uninstall it. It refuses to uninstall because
> Adobe Speed Launcher is running in the background. I CANíT FIND THIS
> BLOODY SPEED LAUNCHER!!!
>

> 1) How do I find it so I can kill it?
>

> Or
>

> 2) How do I prevent it form starting up when I restart my computer?
> ( My start folder is empty)
>

> Please help me get this virus off my new machine!!!!!

Dennis Pack

Donald:
You should be able to stop the process in Task Manager.

--
Dennis Pack
Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.
"Donald Wilkinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I installed a trial copy of Adobe Photoshop 64 bit on my new Win 7
> computer. Now I want to uninstall it. It refuses to uninstall because
> Adobe Speed Launcher is running in the background. I CAN'T FIND THIS
> BLOODY SPEED LAUNCHER!!!
>

> 1) How do I find it so I can kill it?
>

> Or
>

> 2) How do I prevent it form starting up when I restart my computer?
> ( My start folder is empty)
>

> Please help me get this virus off my new machine!!!!!

> signature database 4597 (20091111) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4597 (20091111) __________

http://www.eset.com

Donald Wilkinson

Thank you!

That answer was so obvious (and it worked) that I'm embarrassed to have had
to ask the question.

DonW

"Dennis Pack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Donald:
> You should be able to stop the process in Task Manager.
>
> --
> Dennis Pack
> Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.
> "Donald Wilkinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> I installed a trial copy of Adobe Photoshop 64 bit on my new Win 7
>> computer. Now I want to uninstall it. It refuses to uninstall because
>> Adobe Speed Launcher is running in the background. I CAN'T FIND THIS
>> BLOODY SPEED LAUNCHER!!!
>>

>> 1) How do I find it so I can kill it?
>>

>> Or
>>

>> 2) How do I prevent it form starting up when I restart my computer?
>> ( My start folder is empty)
>>

>> Please help me get this virus off my new machine!!!!!

>> signature database 4597 (20091111) __________

>> http://www.eset.com

> signature database 4597 (20091111) __________

> http://www.eset.com

ShellP

On Nov 11, 4:49*pm, "Donald Wilkinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Thank you!
>
> That answer was so obvious (and it worked) that I'm embarrassed to have had
> to ask the question.
>
> DonW
>
> "Dennis Pack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> > Donald:
> > * * * *You should be able to stop the process in Task Manager.

> > --
> > Dennis Pack
> > Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.
> > "Donald Wilkinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> I installed a trial copy of Adobe Photoshop 64 bit on my new Win 7
> >> computer. Now I want to uninstall it. It refuses to uninstall because
> >> Adobe Speed Launcher is running in the background. *I CAN'T FIND THIS
> >> BLOODY SPEED LAUNCHER!!!

> >> 1) * * *How do I find it so I can kill it?

> >> Or

> >> 2) * * *How do I prevent it form starting up when I restart my computer?
> >> ( My start folder is empty)

> >> Please help me get this virus off my new machine!!!!!

> >> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus
> >> signature database 4597 (20091111) __________

> >> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

> >>http://www.eset.com

> > signature database 4597 (20091111) __________

> >http://www.eset.com- Hide quoted text -

We all have day, like that. Good Luck.

John Barnes

You can permanently stop it from starting up by running msconfig

Die IDE Die Lloyd Sheen ASP .Net 2 01-26-2004 04:59 AM
More Die IDE Die Lloyd Sheen ASP .Net 5 01-25-2004 02:34 PM
I want to be a hacker/nerd b4 I die. Ghost issues (now and after I die) O.Phooey Computer Support 4 07-05-2003 08:35 PM

Advertisments