Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Shaw Secure, F-Secure suspisious behaviour

Shaw Secure, F-Secure suspisious behaviour

JRE

I use Shaw Secure which is basically F-secure with Shaw Company logos as
many of you may know..

www.shawsecure.ca

www.f-secure.com/en_US/

I also run Protowall in the background on my PC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ProtoWall

Whenever Protowall is on these lines always pop up constantly..

Packet to "Media Force, MCI Communications Services, Inc. d..." (
65.200.212.211 ) blocked. [protocol: TCP - src: 1205 / dst: 80]

Packet from "Media Force, MCI Communications Services, Inc. d..." (
65.200.212.213 ) rejected. [protocol: TCP - src: 80 / dst: 1224]

These packets will be blocked or rejected sometimes up to 100 times an hour
24/7. A heck of a lot anyway. Even if I let the program connect it will call
out or call in again soon. It's constant.

I looked it up and I think its F-secure's servers asking for and getting
something. Automatic updates are OFF. Everything is OFF. So why does it keep
calling out and what is it sending/receiving?

Is anyone else using Shaw Secure/F-Secure? Can anyone smarter than me in
these areas shed some light? There are alot of people that use Shaw Secure
and F-Secure. If someone can tell me what is being sent/received?

Thanks

♥Ari♥

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 08:34:29 -0700, JRE wrote:

> Is anyone else using Shaw Secure/F-Secure? Can anyone smarter than me in
> these areas shed some light? There are alot of people that use Shaw Secure
> and F-Secure. If someone can tell me what is being sent/received?

Good morning!

I hunt the archives of Usenet with great endeavour to find people who I
can award scholarships. Congratulations, you have qualified for one
entire week at AssClown U.

Yes, being your normal assclown is not enough! You have all the
qualities
to become a real, full-fledged AssClown!

If I can have your MasterCard, assclown, we can get started
immediately!!!
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj