Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > DNS Record in CISCO Router

DNS Record in CISCO Router

Ts8060

I want to configure DNS Record in CISCO Router.
I am using Router as internet server with DNS.
If i configure it there users can connect to my configured sites
locally.

geoar75@gmail.com

Hi,

Could you be more specific? You need to let internet users access your
web-servers. Am I correct?

Giorgos

--

NetPros Community
Connecting IT Pros from all over the World

On 11 , 10:32, Ts8060 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I want to configure DNS Record in CISCO Router.
> I am using Router as internet server with DNS.
> If i configure it there users can connect to my configured sites
> locally.

Ts8060

On Nov 11, 12:50*am, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could you be more specific? You need to let internet users access your
> web-servers. Am I correct?
>
> Giorgos
>
> --
>
> NetPros Community
> Connecting IT Pros from all over the Worldhttp://netpros.freeforums.org
>
> On 11 , 10:32, Ts8060 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I want to configure DNS Record in CISCO Router.
> > I am using Router as internet server with DNS.
> > If i configure it there users can connect to my configured sites
> > locally.

Sorry. I am not so good in English.
in shortly i want to configure DNS A record in CISCO router.
If i configure it if internet is disabled in outside. My users can see
some web pages in locally.
Is that possible.

Such As : www.icb.mn -> A: 202.5.199.3

geoar75@gmail.com

Hi,

Adding a host record the way it is done on Microsoft DNS servers is
not possible on Cisco routers.
You can configure a Cisco router for DNS lookups, adding specific name
servers. You can't add host records the way you describe.
If internet access is restricted on your network, you could add an ACL
with the clients you want to access the website or the websites, so
they will be the only ones with access to that websites.

PS. Don't worry about your English. It's not my native language
either..

--

On 12 Νο*, 03:13, Ts8060 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > On 11 ÍïÝ, 10:32, Ts8060 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > I want to configure DNS Record in CISCO Router.
> > > I am using Router as internet server with DNS.
> > > If i configure it there users can connect to my configured sites
> > > locally.

> Sorry. I am not so good in English.
> in shortly i want to configure DNS A record in CISCO router.
> If i configure it if internet is disabled in outside. My users can see
> some web pages in locally.
> Is that possible.
>
> Such As :www.icb.mn-> A: 202.5.199.3- Απόκρυψη κειμ*νου σε παράθεση -
>
> - Εμφάνιση κειμ*νου σε παράθεση -

Martin Gallagher

Ts8060 wrote:

> Sorry. I am not so good in English.
> in shortly i want to configure DNS A record in CISCO router.
> If i configure it if internet is disabled in outside. My users can see
> some web pages in locally.
> Is that possible.
>
> Such As : www.icb.mn -> A: 202.5.199.3

See:

Configuring DNS
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/...e_Chapter.html

"A Cisco IOS router can provide service to DNS clients, acting as both a
caching name server and as an authoritative name server for its own local
host table."

Rgds,
Martin

MK

Martin Gallagher wrote:
> Ts8060 wrote:
>
>> Sorry. I am not so good in English.
>> in shortly i want to configure DNS A record in CISCO router.
>> If i configure it if internet is disabled in outside. My users can see
>> some web pages in locally.
>> Is that possible.
>>
>> Such As : www.icb.mn -> A: 202.5.199.3

> See:
>
> Configuring DNS
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/...e_Chapter.html

> "A Cisco IOS router can provide service to DNS clients, acting as both a
> caching name server and as an authoritative name server for its own local
> host table."

Hello,
Why not installed DNS server inside your network?

Thanks