Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > DHT for Python 3.x?

DHT for Python 3.x?

Salim Fadhley

There are plenty of good DHT projects for Python 2.x, however from
what I can tell none of them have made the jump to 3.x yet.

I'm really keen to support Python 3.x for a project I'm working on. I
know that many developers (correctly) consider switching to Python 3
foolish since it is less supported at the moment, but nevertheless I
am keen to carry on.

So can somebody recommend me a working implementation of a DHT which
will work on Python 3.x and preferably Python 2.6 as well.

Thanks

Martin v. L÷wis

Salim Fadhley wrote:
> There are plenty of good DHT projects for Python 2.x, however from
> what I can tell none of them have made the jump to 3.x yet.
>
> I'm really keen to support Python 3.x for a project I'm working on. I
> know that many developers (correctly) consider switching to Python 3
> foolish since it is less supported at the moment, but nevertheless I
> am keen to carry on.
>
> So can somebody recommend me a working implementation of a DHT which
> will work on Python 3.x and preferably Python 2.6 as well.

I can't. But I recommend to port the library that you like most to 3.x,
and provide any necessary changes to the author.

Regards,
Martin

Terry Reedy

Salim Fadhley wrote: