Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > print size emails hp psc 1310 series

print size emails hp psc 1310 series

EMB

Matty F wrote:
> On Nov 10, 11:49 pm, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> "Matty F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Select the text and Ctrl C
>>> In Word, Edit / Paste Special / select paste as Unformatted Text

>> I haven't got that in Edit. I'm using XP. it has paste but not paste special
>> etc.

> I don't have XP. Can someone confirm that Microsoft have removed the
> Paste Special option from the Edit menu?

It's still there in Office 2003 and 2007 but I haven't got a copy of
Office XP to check. I expect that Geo can't see it because of
Microsoft's stupid self-hiding menus.

Matty F

On Nov 11, 7:06 am, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Matty F wrote:
> > On Nov 10, 11:49 pm, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> "Matty F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> >>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> I haven't got that in Edit. I'm using XP. it has paste but not paste special
> >> etc.

> > I don't have XP. Can someone confirm that Microsoft have removed the
> > Paste Special option from the Edit menu?

> It's still there in Office 2003 and 2007 but I haven't got a copy of
> Office XP to check. I expect that Geo can't see it because of
> Microsoft's stupid self-hiding menus.

I thought that might be the case.
I've just done a Google and found out how to get rid of self-hiding
menus.
Note to Microsoft - please stop putting in stupid features and making
them the standard default, OK?

To prevent Word showing only partial menus, go to
Tools menu - Customize - select Options tab -

Depending on which version of Word you have:
Check "Always show full menus", or
Uncheck "Show full menus after a short delay", or
Uncheck "Menus show recently used commands first"

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <hdbf0j$jk$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>, Geopelia wrote:

> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in message
> news:hdapp8$vih$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> In message <hdanin$gvp$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>, Geopelia wrote:
>>
>>> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in
>>> message news:hda6dn$khd$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> It wouldn't go into Word from Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V.

>> Did you try saving it to a file?

> Yes, it's in My Documents.

And can you open that in a word processor?

Geopelia

news:hdd0i1$904$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In message <hdbf0j$jk$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>, Geopelia wrote:
>
>> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in message
>> news:hdapp8$vih$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Did you try saving it to a file?

>> Yes, it's in My Documents.

> And can you open that in a word processor?

I don't have a word processor and use the computer. I'm not sure how to open
My Documents in Word, in that.
The problem has been fixed now though.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <hde26v$602$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>, Geopelia wrote:

> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in message
> news:hdd0i1$904$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> And can you open that in a word processor?

> I don't have a word processor ...

Get one from here <http://www.openoffice.org/>.

Geopelia

"Matty F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Nov 11, 7:06 am, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Matty F wrote:

>> > I don't have XP. Can someone confirm that Microsoft have removed the
>> > Paste Special option from the Edit menu?

>> It's still there in Office 2003 and 2007 but I haven't got a copy of
>> Office XP to check. I expect that Geo can't see it because of
>> Microsoft's stupid self-hiding menus.

> I thought that might be the case.
> I've just done a Google and found out how to get rid of self-hiding
> menus.
> Note to Microsoft - please stop putting in stupid features and making
> them the standard default, OK?
>
> To prevent Word showing only partial menus, go to
> Tools menu - Customize - select Options tab -
>
> Depending on which version of Word you have:
> Check "Always show full menus", or
> Uncheck "Show full menus after a short delay", or
> Uncheck "Menus show recently used commands first"

I've unchecked "Show full menus after a short delay."
I'll have to see what happens next time I use Word. But most of my
correspondence is done by email now.

Geopelia

news:hde2ht$so4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In message <hde26v$602$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>, Geopelia wrote:
>
>> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in message
>> news:hdd0i1$904$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>> And can you open that in a word processor?

>> I don't have a word processor ...

> Get one from here <http://www.openoffice.org/>.

Thank you

That looks interesting, but more for people in business.
This computer with Word seems to be all I need just now.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <hdf4q0$abv$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>, Geopelia wrote:

> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in message
> news:hde2ht$so4$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> In message <hde26v$602$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>, Geopelia wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't have a word processor ...

>> Get one from here <http://www.openoffice.org/>.

> Thank you
>
> That looks interesting, but more for people in business.
> This computer with Word seems to be all I need just now.

Word would be just as much "for people in business".

Matty F

On Nov 12, 8:54 am, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in message
>
> news:hde2ht$so4$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > In message <hde26v$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>, Geopelia wrote:

> >> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in message
> >>news:hdd0i1$904$(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> I don't have a word processor ...

> > Get one from here <http://www.openoffice.org/>.

> Thank you
>
> That looks interesting, but more for people in business.
> This computer with Word seems to be all I need just now.

MS Word and MS Office cost a lot of money and need to be upgraded at a
cost every few years. Microsoft deliberately changes the format of
Word documents to encourage people to keep paying money to upgrade
Word.

Open Office is a bunch of free programs that will do the job of Word
except that they will read most of the commonly used file formats.
People with slightly older versions of Word wil be unable to read the
latest Word docx file format, but Open Office can read MS Word docx
files.

Someone has just sent me and many people a Word docx file that none of
them can read. Microsoft will supply a conversion program for their
docx files but that program does not work with Windows 98, i.e. the
very people who can't read docx files.

Geopelia

"Matty F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Nov 12, 8:54 am, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in
>> message
>>
>> news:hde2ht$so4$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > Get one from here <http://www.openoffice.org/>.

>> Thank you
>>
>> That looks interesting, but more for people in business.
>> This computer with Word seems to be all I need just now.

> MS Word and MS Office cost a lot of money and need to be upgraded at a
> cost every few years. Microsoft deliberately changes the format of
> Word documents to encourage people to keep paying money to upgrade
> Word.
>
> Open Office is a bunch of free programs that will do the job of Word
> except that they will read most of the commonly used file formats.
> People with slightly older versions of Word wil be unable to read the
> latest Word docx file format, but Open Office can read MS Word docx
> files.
>
> Someone has just sent me and many people a Word docx file that none of
> them can read. Microsoft will supply a conversion program for their
> docx files but that program does not work with Windows 98, i.e. the
> very people who can't read docx files.

I got Word when I bought the computer, I had Windows ME then.
I write the odd letter and make lists of things, but that's about all.