Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > HOWTO: Convert ASP.NET Starter Kit Portal

HOWTO: Convert ASP.NET Starter Kit Portal

Dan Sikorsky

How can I install the Portal starter kit to a different Solution/Project
name, having a different SQL Server database name? I'd like to start a new
solution using the Portal starter kit as a beginning point, and adapt it to
what my customer needs.

--
Dan Sikorsky, MSCS BSCE BAB

Hermit Dave

well you can configure and modify the portal starter kit to your
requirements.... to change the database.. you just create a new database and
change the web.config's connection string.. once you are happy with the
modifications... you just select... copy project and it will ask you
where... you just put the location and it will even upload it there for
you..

--

Regards,

HD
"Dan Sikorsky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How can I install the Portal starter kit to a different Solution/Project
> name, having a different SQL Server database name? I'd like to start a new
> solution using the Portal starter kit as a beginning point, and adapt it

> what my customer needs.
>
> --
> Dan Sikorsky, MSCS BSCE BAB

Dan Sikorsky

I've tried that and get the following message when clicking on Copy Project:

Unable to create Web project 'TestPortal'. An error occurred accessing your
FrontPage web files. Authors - if authoring against a web server, please
contact the webmaster for this server's site. WebMasters - please see the
server's system log for more details.
and the application log says

Microsoft FrontPage Server Extensions:

http://localhost - Error #80002 Message: Unrecognized Windows exception
(0xc000001d)

and

Microsoft FrontPage Server Extensions:

Received empty response from Microsoft FrontPage Server Extensions

--
Dan Sikorsky, MSCS BSCE BAB

"Hermit Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> well you can configure and modify the portal starter kit to your
> requirements.... to change the database.. you just create a new database

and
> change the web.config's connection string.. once you are happy with the
> modifications... you just select... copy project and it will ask you
> where... you just put the location and it will even upload it there for
> you..
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> HD
> "Dan Sikorsky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > How can I install the Portal starter kit to a different Solution/Project
> > name, having a different SQL Server database name? I'd like to start a

new
> > solution using the Portal starter kit as a beginning point, and adapt it

> > what my customer needs.
> >
> > --
> > Dan Sikorsky, MSCS BSCE BAB

Hermit Dave

you need to have a virtual directory created with front page extensions set.

if you are uploading to a domain then the root would be fine as long as
front page extensions are correctly installed.
create a virtual directory and set the front page extensions...