Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > CEF causing http to hang/stop on 1712

CEF causing http to hang/stop on 1712

Dan Lanciani

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (mikeyb) writes:
| > You might want to check your CEF adjacencies after the stream stops.
| >
| > Dan Lanciani
| > ddl@danlan.*com
| Thanks Dan, I've checked the adjacencies and they ok (to me) . IPs
| connected to the right interfaces. The only thing I found using debug
| ip cef drops was lots of drops on the loopback interface (in the
| config to stop vpn traffic being static NAT'd). I don't think this is
| my problem though.

Well, drops are bad if you need the packets routed. Do the drops
start as soon as CEF is enabled or after the problem occurs? Did you
try disabling CEF on the loopback interface (only)?

Dan Lanciani
ddl@danlan.*com

mikeyb

> Miraculously I seemed to have guessed the correct
> feature set and so you can see above the memory
> requirements.
>
> Image Name c1700-k9o3sy7-mz.124-25b.bin
> DRAM / Min Flash 96 / 32
>
> Same as for 12.3T.
>
> You have enough RAM and Flash.
>
> Of course 12.4 mainline is basically the last development
> of 12.3T but now with 25 and more rounds of bug
> fixes or .

From my poking around ciscos site I thought I should be able to
upgrade too. thanks for the info/confirmation.

> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/...e/guide/ftnatr...
> NAT - Ability to Use Route Maps with Static Translations
> 12.2(4)T This feature was introduced.
>
> So it looks slike you could remove the PBR if you
> preferred. It always seemed like a horrible kludge to
> me anyway.

I tried removing the PBR loopback but couldn't get route maps to work
with the static PAT's in the config.

mikeyb

On Nov 11, 5:06*am, ddl@danlan.*com (Dan Lanciani) wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)..com>, (E-Mail Removed) (mikeyb) writes:
> | > You might want to check your CEF adjacencies after the stream stops.
> | >
> | > * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Dan Lanciani
> | > * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ddl@danlan.*com
> | Thanks Dan, I've checked the adjacencies and they ok (to me) . IPs
> | connected to the right interfaces. The only thing I found using debug
> | ip cef drops was lots of drops on the loopback interface (in the
> | config to stop vpn traffic being static NAT'd). I don't think this is
> | my problem though.
>
> Well, drops are bad if you need the packets routed. *Do the drops
> start as soon as CEF is enabled or after the problem occurs? *Did you
> try disabling CEF on the loopback interface (only)?
>
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Dan Lanciani
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ddl@danlan.*com

The drops start as soon as I enable CEF. I tried - it didn't fix the
problem.

HARDWARE cef or SOFTWARE cef ? comp.dcom.sys.cisco Cisco 2 03-23-2006 01:09 PM
CISCO 1712 Bundle HELP ME dippino Cisco 0 01-22-2004 01:06 PM
When only central CEF (not distributed CEF) is enabled on 7500-series router... ETLALAR Cisco 2 01-19-2004 10:39 AM
Cisco 1712 Tosh Cisco 2 12-12-2003 06:58 PM
Help on Routing/VLANs with new 1712 and a 2950 switch Peter Rowe Cisco 0 11-17-2003 02:54 PM

Advertisments