Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > Cisco 3560 or 6348 switch for ccie lab

Cisco 3560 or 6348 switch for ccie lab

ejeangilles ejeangilles is offline
Junior Member

Hey guys! Just wondering I am studying for my ccie lab and I prefer to build my own rack than use rentals. I know that the R&S lab is using 3560 switches but there are a little pricey for me right now. But I see that cisco 6348 switches are reasonable in price. Would I be able to practice all the technology on a Cisco 6348 (granted I use the cisco ios instead of CAT OS). For example private vlans and layer 3 stuff. Any feedback would be appreciated.