Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Re: Programming Bitmaps

Re: Programming Bitmaps

Victor Bazarov

JoeC wrote:
> I am not sure where to ask this about how to program a bitmap. I
> would like to create a drawing program where I can manipulate bitmaps
> in win32. I have done it in Direct X but it seems really different in
> win32. I have created a drawing program that creates binary color
> graphics but I would like to find out how I can program a bitmap in c+
> +.
>
> I am realize that this groups is about C++ so I am looking for a place
> I can ask this question.

Depends on what exactly you need to know, it should be either the Win32
newsgroup or the graphics newsgroup (comp.graphics.algorithms) or
something pretty much entirely different (if you're looking for, say,
encryption or compression algorithms)...

JoeC

On Nov 8, 5:43*pm, Victor Bazarov <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> JoeC wrote:
> > I am not sure where to ask this about how to program a bitmap. *I
> > would like to create a drawing program where I can manipulate bitmaps
> > in win32. *I have done it in Direct X but it seems really different in
> > win32. *I have created a drawing program that creates binary color
> > graphics but I would like to find out how I can program a bitmap in c+
> > +.

> > I am realize that this groups is about C++ so I am looking for a place
> > I can ask this question.

> Depends on what exactly you need to know, it should be either the Win32
> newsgroup or the graphics newsgroup (comp.graphics.algorithms) or
> something pretty much entirely different (if you're looking for, say,
> encryption or compression algorithms)...

Thanks.