Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: removing pesky spammers

Re: removing pesky spammers

DLU

kev wrote:
> so is there a way to block all such posts on mass or is it a case of
> blocking each one individually, apologies for mine ignorance?

Everyone needs to send compliant to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Also, if you have time, send copy to the people whose products are being
pirated. It will take a bit of time but they will take action.
Companies such as Nike can not afford to let this continue.
Unfortunately the spam comes from botnets, but the connections are to
Chinese websites. To find the IP route it came from do a control U and
it will show the headers. c^uac will copy them and you can paste them
to the complaint. Unfortunately it does take a bit of your time but I
have been doing this for almost 20 years now. Recently several C&C
sites have been shut down but it takes time.

Ex:
From: "kev" <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: alt.html
Subject: removing pesky spammers
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 01:14:07 -0000

--
***************************************
* This is the Spammish Inquisition *

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

DLU wrote:

> kev wrote:
>> so is there a way to block all such posts on mass or is it a case of
>> blocking each one individually, apologies for mine ignorance?

> Everyone needs to send compliant to (E-Mail Removed)

<lol> Save the bandwidth - they don't care.

> do a control U

Most newsreaders: do a H

--
-bts

Re: removing pesky spammers DLU HTML 1 11-21-2009 08:00 PM
Re: removing pesky spammers Jan C. Faerber HTML 0 11-13-2009 01:17 AM
Re: removing pesky spammers Beauregard T. Shagnasty HTML 1 11-08-2009 02:45 AM
pesky windows logo instead of firefox on scrollbar buggerbuggerbugger Firefox 7 08-09-2004 02:13 PM
Re: pesky address saves! rifleman Computer Support 0 07-16-2003 12:55 PM

Advertisments