Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Competing Javas

Competing Javas

Frederick Williams

I think I've got two or more Javas competing on my computer. How can I
clear things out and just install one?
--
Which of the seven heavens / Was responsible her smile /
Wouldn't be sure but attested / That, whoever it was, a god /

Mike Easter

Frederick Williams wrote:

> I think I've got two or more Javas competing on my computer.

You forgot to mention your OS or its version and how you 'achieved' your
Java. You also forgot to mention what trouble you are having or what
troubleshooting you have done, or what you see in Add/Remove Programs or
whether you have a Java control panel.

> How can I
> clear things out and just install one?

Sun has a tool to help you evaluate your Java
http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp Do I have Java?

That tool/gizmo at http://snipurl.com/t4as7 is a detecter to tell you
what you have.

--
Mike Easter

VanguardLH

Frederick Williams wrote:

> I think I've got two or more Javas competing on my computer. How can I
> clear things out and just install one?

How do you normally uninstall programs in your unidentified OS?

Spin

"VanguardLH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hd4bca$g4q$(E-Mail Removed)...
"How do you normally uninstall programs in your unidentified OS?"

LOL

Frederick Williams

Mike Easter wrote:

> Frederick Williams wrote:
>
> > I think I've got two or more Javas competing on my computer.

> You forgot to mention your OS or its version and how you 'achieved' your
> Java. You also forgot to mention what trouble you are having or what
> troubleshooting you have done, or what you see in Add/Remove Programs or
> whether you have a Java control panel.
>
> > How can I
> > clear things out and just install one?

> Sun has a tool to help you evaluate your Java
> http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp Do I have Java?
>
> That tool/gizmo at http://snipurl.com/t4as7 is a detecter to tell you
> what you have.

Thank you. I will look at those links before answering your questions.