Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Wierd problem blocking access to certain sites but not otherson broadband

Re: Wierd problem blocking access to certain sites but not otherson broadband

hwf

~BD~ wrote:
> nhwf wrote:
>> ~BD~ <BoaterDave'remove'@hotmail.co.uk> pinched out a steaming pile of
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):

>>> You are most welcome, JD - thank you for replying!
>>>
>>> I believe you are correct when you say "the potential of this should
>>> be obvious" but it is not easy to find information on this subject.
>>> AFAICT there is no way of knowing if one's router *has* been
>>> compromised (but I'm willing to learn!)
>>>
>>> All one can do, I believe, if one *thinks* one may have been
>>> compromised (i.e. you!) is to reset one's router to factory
>>> conditions. My understanding is that you must do this by physically
>>> connecting a computer to the router with an Ethernet cable (i.e It
>>> cannot be done wirelessly).
>>>
>>> The *real* problem, as *I* see it, is that even if one does this
>>> *reset* of one's router - one may inadvertently revisit the
>>> malicious site which first attacked you - and you'll not know that
>>> it has happened all over again!
>>>
>>> I hope this makes sense. It's an evil world in which we live!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dave

>> Nice reacharound.
>>
>> I dont beleive a word of this.
>>
>> Jus Sayin[tm]
>>

> Have you done some subsequent research, John?

Its strikes me as exceedingly odd that a random poaster poasts a random
question that you of all people have just the answer to.
Heh...

www.urbandictionary.com is still up...

--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S39MhPrLQz4

www.snuhwolf.9f.com | http://www.pavlovianobeisance.com/

_..._ ___ ___ ___ ___ _..._
,' `::. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,' `::.
: `::: `:: `:: `:: `:: `:::
: .::: .:: .:: .:: .:: .:::
: .:::`. .;' `. .;' `. .;'.`. .;': .:::
: .::: `.' .`.'.: `.' ::`.' :. .:::
:. .::' ::: : `: .:::
`: .:: : : .::'
: .:: . :. .::
: ::' `: .::.
.\ `: ,: :. : .::.:
:.\ :. :.: :`: .' .::.:
::`. : :':: : `: : .;'.:
: `.; :'.:: : :: ;:' ::
. :' .::. .: .:: :
: :' ::: :' .:: .
: `:: : .::
:' .::. .: .:::
: .::: ,:. .:. :' .:::
: .:::,' `:. ,' `:.: .:::
: .::: ::: ::: .:::

Aardvark

On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 22:40:55 +0000, ~BD~ wrote:

> Dave ( <sigh> I've never had one, either!)

Never saw the Golden Rivet in all those years, eh?

--
Elmo McElroy: If I wanted cuisine, I'd have gone to Paris
Felix DeSouza: You can still go to France. It's full of pricks. They hate