Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Clean Install Using Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Retail Upgrade

Clean Install Using Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Retail Upgrade

Eric Ogawa

Is there a way to do a clean install using Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Retail Upgrade?

David B.

Yes, Google will yield a multitude of hits.

"Eric Ogawa" <eboklr(at)yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a way to do a clean install using Microsoft Windows 7
> Professional Retail Upgrade?

Dominic Payer

See http://www.winsupersite.com/win7/cle...rade_media.asp

On 06/11/2009 17:50, Eric Ogawa wrote:
> Is there a way to do a clean install using Microsoft Windows 7
> Professional Retail Upgrade?

Bobby Johnson

If I Remember Correctly it is completely against Microsoft's rules, and
illegal, to request any information that would be consider circumventing
Microsoft's EULA. If you buy an Upgrade version, it is ILLEGAL to
circumvent that license agreement which is effective the moment you open
the package.

Eric Ogawa wrote:
> Is there a way to do a clean install using Microsoft Windows 7
> Professional Retail Upgrade?

Jeff Gaines

On 06/11/2009 in message <(E-Mail Removed)> Bobby
Johnson wrote:

>If I Remember Correctly it is completely against Microsoft's rules, and
>illegal, to request any information that would be consider circumventing
>Microsoft's EULA. If you buy an Upgrade version, it is ILLEGAL to
>circumvent that license agreement which is effective the moment you open
>the package.

In which country?

It's certainly not illegal in the UK, it may breach MSFT's licence
conditions but that would be a matter for the civil courts.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
All things being equal, fat people use more soap

Charlie Russel - MVP

Ease up, Bobby. Clean install isn't necessarily installing as a _first_ OS.
I use upgrade media and do clean installs all the time. Over existing XP or
Vista installations.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

"Bobby Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If I Remember Correctly it is completely against Microsoft's rules, and
> illegal, to request any information that would be consider circumventing
> Microsoft's EULA. If you buy an Upgrade version, it is ILLEGAL to
> circumvent that license agreement which is effective the moment you open
> the package.
>

> Eric Ogawa wrote:
>> Is there a way to do a clean install using Microsoft Windows 7
>> Professional Retail Upgrade?

Bo Persson

Bobby Johnson wrote:
> Eric Ogawa wrote:
>> Is there a way to do a clean install using Microsoft Windows 7
>> Professional Retail Upgrade?

> If I Remember Correctly it is completely against Microsoft's rules,
> and illegal, to request any information that would be consider
> circumventing Microsoft's EULA. If you buy an Upgrade version, it
> is ILLEGAL to circumvent that license agreement which is effective
> the moment you open the package.

In many countries, large parts of the EULA is invalid, beacuse it
obviously conflicts with the local Consumer's Rights legislation.
Especially the "By opening this package..."-part. For some reason,
Microsoft has never taken this to the courts!

Some of us will have to do a clean install next year, or so, when we
have to replace a broken hard disk. What if you then only have your
upgrade DVD? Would you buy a new license?

Bo Persson

spock

To do an upgrade from XP X64 you have to do a clean install there is no option.