Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > Problem deleting files

Problem deleting files

Velo2010 Velo2010 is offline
Junior Member
Location: Charlotte, NC

Hi all,

I tried install an upgrade to Windows 7 and the program installed to my recovery drive (mapped to D:/). The drive is only 14 gig and the operating system upgrade should have gone to the C:/ drive. After a few hours on the phone with Microsoft this problem has been resolved ... but the files that went onto the D:/ drive won't delete now. There is a Windows file (the Windows 7 files) but I can't get them off the drive ... any suggestions besides reformatting the hard drive?

Dipankar Dipankar is offline
Junior Member

Reinstall Windows 7 on C: drive and format D: drive. That is the best solution. Format C: with the Win 7 CD and install it fresh. That will be better.

elk2011 elk2011 is offline
Junior Member
Location: Oceanside CA

This is my first message so I hope I am doing it right. One of my major problems is that I purchased software that was susposed to clean up all my unneeded problems and speed up my computer. It was called PC Speed Maximizer. After several attemptes I could not get it to work and the SafeCart billing and collection company credited my credit card company, but I could not get it off my computer. Every time I turn on my computer it pops up and question if I want to purchase it again. Additionally another software vender pops up and I can't get that one off either. I have to question if any of these types of software work. Secondally I want to install Microsoft 7 and I'm scared that it will damage the new microsoft 7 upgrade?