Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET DataList control call rdlc Reportviewer report

ASP.NET DataList control call rdlc Reportviewer report

Sharon

Hello Community

I have an web application and I am using a DataList control. When a row
in the DataList control is selected I want to populate the rdlc Reportviewer
report. Can anyone tell me how I can make the selected row on the DataList
control call the rdlc Reportviewer report?

Thank you in advance
Sharon

Alexey Smirnov

On Nov 6, 1:36*am, Sharon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello Community
>
> * * I have an web application and I am using a DataList control. *When a row
> in the DataList control is selected I want to populate the rdlc Reportviewer
> report. *Can anyone tell me how I can make the selected row on the DataList
> control call the rdlc Reportviewer report?
>
> * * Thank you in advance
> * * Sharon

Assign an OnItemCommand handler to

Sub Item_Command(sender As Object, e As DataListCommandEventArgs)

' Get the datakey for selected item
Dim id As Integer = Convert.ToInt32(dlResults.DataKeys
(e.Item.ItemIndex).ToString())

' Get data for the report and attach datasource to a ReportViewer
control

End Sub

See more

Binding Data to the ReportViewer Control Dynamically in ASP.NET 2.0
http://www.aspfree.com/c/a/ASP.NET/B...n-ASPNET-20/1/
DataList.ItemCommand Event
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...emcommand.aspx