Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outgoing connections in Comodo Firewall

Outgoing connections in Comodo Firewall

Muse Groups

Hi, I'm using Comodo Internet Security 3.12 and in the firewall I've
noticed that there can be 100+ outgoing connections to different IP
addresses even when I have only 1 tab of Google Chrome open. Is this
something normal that happens with Comodo? or is there something more
sinister going on. I've ran malware/virus scans and nothing came up but
I'm wondering if I should do a Hijack This scan.

Thanks in advance for any help.

hwf

Muse Groups wrote:
> Hi, I'm using Comodo Internet Security 3.12 and in the firewall I've
> noticed that there can be 100+ outgoing connections to different IP
> addresses even when I have only 1 tab of Google Chrome open. Is this
> something normal that happens with Comodo? or is there something more
> sinister going on. I've ran malware/virus scans and nothing came up but
> I'm wondering if I should do a Hijack This scan.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

TCPVeiw will tell you whats connecting out.
Run that and toggle the icon that looks like a little fork to shut off
the local connections showing.

HTH

--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S39MhPrLQz4

www.snuhwolf.9f.com | http://www.pavlovianobeisance.com/

_..._ ___ ___ ___ ___ _..._
,' `::. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,' `::.
: `::: `:: `:: `:: `:: `:::
: .::: .:: .:: .:: .:: .:::
: .:::`. .;' `. .;' `. .;'.`. .;': .:::
: .::: `.' .`.'.: `.' ::`.' :. .:::
:. .::' ::: : `: .:::
`: .:: : : .::'
: .:: . :. .::
: ::' `: .::.
.\ `: ,: :. : .::.:
:.\ :. :.: :`: .' .::.:
::`. : :':: : `: : .;'.:
: `.; :'.:: : :: ;:' ::
. :' .::. .: .:: :
: :' ::: :' .:: .
: `:: : .::
:' .::. .: .:::
: .::: ,:. .:. :' .:::
: .:::,' `:. ,' `:.: .:::
: .::: ::: ::: .:::
: .::: ::: ::: .:::
`._ .::'.`._.::' `._.::'.`._ .::' _ Seal _
~~~ :: :: ~~~

thanatoid

Muse Groups <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:hcvfbf$9i2$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi, I'm using Comodo Internet Security 3.12 and in the
> firewall I've noticed that there can be 100+ outgoing
> connections to different IP addresses even when I have only
> 1 tab of Google Chrome open. Is this something normal that
> happens with Comodo? or is there something more sinister
> going on. I've ran malware/virus scans and nothing came up
> but I'm wondering if I should do a Hijack This scan.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

Unless you go to a VERY simple site run by one person or a small
group, the ads, popups, banners, Google spyware, etc etc can
make as many connections - even if for a moment - as you can
think of. Big Google (and others) are watching. SO it is NOT
unusual to have an insane amt. of connections to ONE page on ONE
site.

You should use a firewall which shows who is connected and how
much traffic goes which way. That's how I found out most larger
(in the worst sense of the word) sites use Google analytics to
keep track of everything, or whatever the hell it is they do...

Still it is not a bad idea to also have a network connection
program running (there is one included with Windows and there
are many others). The problem is the info can be a little
overwhelming and make you overly paranoid.

--
There are only two classifications of disk drives: Broken drives
and those that will break later.

chuckcar

Muse Groups <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:hcvfbf$9i2$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi, I'm using Comodo Internet Security 3.12 and in the firewall I've
> noticed that there can be 100+ outgoing connections to different IP
> addresses even when I have only 1 tab of Google Chrome open. Is this
> something normal that happens with Comodo? or is there something more
> sinister going on. I've ran malware/virus scans and nothing came up but
> I'm wondering if I should do a Hijack This scan.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

And The url that you are going to at the time is?

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

why?

On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 16:16:45 -0500, Muse Groups wrote:

>Hi, I'm using Comodo Internet Security 3.12 and in the firewall I've
>noticed that there can be 100+ outgoing connections to different IP

You didn't mention any of the addresses, sites.

>addresses even when I have only 1 tab of Google Chrome open. Is this

URL?

>something normal that happens with Comodo? or is there something more

On a fairly standard page, there will be the - host in the URL, image /
news / ads / / 4rd party sites , Google analytics , all sorts of stuff.

>sinister going on. I've ran malware/virus scans and nothing came up but

Look at what you have in the way of connections before jumping in the
deep end straight to malware.

>I'm wondering if I should do a Hijack This scan.

Possibly, won't hurt.

>Thanks in advance for any help.

Me